• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THEM!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:30 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am so sick of the in law they are driving me further and further away. 

Ok I am going to try to make this kind of short. There is my mil, sil, sil from Georgia, and my bil.

My fil died in 2004 and since then the inlaws have not been to close to each other.  Well my mil got sick a few months ago and was in the hospital from feb till the end of may.  My sil from Georgia has drove up to Pennsylvania every single weekend she was there. My other sil has a spoiled rotten 7 yr old who she would take to the hospital every now and then and scream at him the whole time and my bil who is 25 still lives at home with mil and works and thats it. 

Ok so thats everyone besides my dh who works 2 jobs and has my son, myself, and a dd on the way. 

Anyways.  Yesterday my mil was complaining about not being able to breathe.  My sil didnt want to take her to the hospital but mil insisted.  Sil called me and told me and I told her I would watch her son so she can take mil.  She said no thats ok he will be fine.  Well 10pm last night I call sil and ask how mil is doing and she said "I dont know I dropped her off at the er and the last thing I heard was that she has blood clots in both of her lungs" So im thinking you dropped your mom off at the er and left?  She said yeah since her son wanted to go swimming at mils house.  I asked her when she was going up to the hospital and she said tomorrow.  I called her at 9am this morning to see if she went yet and she said no  she was going in a few minutes.  I then call her at noon and ask her to update me on whats going on.  She said oh I haven't been there yet.  She just called me at 4:45 and said ok I am on my way to the hospital now.

OK....so first she just drops her mom off at the er and leaves.....then she isnt there the next day as soon as possible to find out what is going on and what the plan of care is.....

I really dont know what to do.  I dont know if I ask the doctors whats going on if they are even allowed to give me that kind of information.  I dont know if I should say anything to sil or just let it go.

Help me out ladies please.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jul. 29, 2009 at 3:00 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms
Marriage and Relationships

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

> The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Susan262
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 3:08 AM

Stay out of it.  Your hubby should be the one.  Susan262

apeclark2008
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 3:11 AM

IDK what to tell u.... talk to ur SO and ask him what us should do... maybe go see her.. thats about all i can offer....

and It sounds like the SIL is very VERY SELFISH!!!!

OK????

PestPatti
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 3:31 AM

Me personally, I wouldnt have dropped my mother off at the emergency room and ran.. .  

A couple of my close freinds have been helping out a women.  They are both friends with the ladie's daughters.   My freinds have been cleaning her house, taking the women for doctors appointments, visiting her when she has been in the hospital. 

Her one son lives next door to her, her one daughter lives in Lake Placid, and the other lives in Texas.  There mother is having a very delicate and dangerous surgery.  NONE of the kids will be there.  They are too busy with their own lives to care about the life of their mother.    They would rather get that phone call, I'm sorry but your mother has passed away..

My mother died six years ago at the hospital because of injuries sustained in a car accident.    You dont get a second chance once they are gone.

onecuteladybug2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 3:40 AM

You can call the hospital and claim that you are her daughter. They can only give limited information out over the phone to anyone anyway with the new laws. If you care about your MIL, why don't you just call and get connected to her room?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)