• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Advise, what should I do?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:38 PM
  • 3 Replies

My DD is 2 1/2 years old, and has been fully potty trained for months.  Yesterday was the first time she had an accident.  She peed on the floor in her room.  I didn't get upset with her, I just told her to go get a towel and to clean it up.  She did, and we changed her clothes, and went on with our day.  She did it again this morning!  When I went in her room to check on her, she was playing with her blocks, and just peed right there.  She said she was building a tower, and couldn't stop.  So, she just didn't want to stop playing long enough to go.  Then, just a few minutes ago she come in the living room telling me she is sorry.  I said for what.  She said she peed on her bed.  I went in there, and asked her why she did that, and she said that she was watching TV, and then went potty.  I know it is laziness (if 2 /1/2 year olds can be lazy) on her part of not wanting to stop doing what she is doing long enough to go to the bathroom.  I turned her TV off, and told her no more TV today.  What can I do?  Anything?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mrs.Womack
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:43 PM

all i can say is everyone hour or so tell her go to the restroom even if she doesnt have to tell her to go make sure to get back in the habit of going even though she's potty trained it just looks like she's gettin way to destracted and i beleive after a while she will just adjust to going to the restroom on her own again. i know you dont wanna be mad at her bc shes only 2 1/2.. but the tv thing should work..my cousins did that all the time b4 we knew it they were back on track im sure this is just a phase...

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
haileysmom2833
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:56 PM

I hope so!  Thank you for your response.  I am having my second DD in 17 days, and I really wanted her potty trained before her little sister got here.  I was expecting this to happen once the baby came home, but not before.  I think I will start with the timer again like I did before for every hour she needs to at least go sit on the potty!  Thanks!!

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jul. 29, 2009 at 3:07 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms
The Potty Training Moms Support ...

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

> The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)