• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Issues with myself...

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:56 PM
  • 20 Replies

I am really going to put my self out to write this post. I really hope that some one out there can help me, or at the least relate.

I just really feel bad about a few things, for some reason I just cannot "be nice" to my SO... and he has done nothing wrong. I feel sooo bad. Like everything that he does just enrages me and for NO reason. I know this doesn't make sense, nor does it make sense to me. That is the scary part.

I think that it can stem from a few things, well for one, I think that I am jealous of him. Sounds lame huh? The reason why I think is happening is because  I stay at home all of the time with our daughter and he works and gets to go to company dinners, and have guy time with all of the guys from work, as I sit at home and haven't even met any friends yet because we moved to a new town.

I want to stop being such a b!tch to him. But its like I cannot help myself. I think I am going to lose him soon. Help me if you can... any advice,... or you can bash.. once again, maybe i need it :(

I am a formula feeding, Pro-Life, Rear facing, Vaccinating, SAHM, College Student, Hates Obama, Does what ever works, Listens to rock&roll, CIO, Organic living, Spanking kinda MOM! :) Don't like it? Shove it!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kgsharber
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I was starting to feel this way. My DH goes to school in the afternoons & then goes to work in the evenings. Anywhere I go I have to have the kids attached to me, so I was getting bitter.

Even though I am not a religious person, I started going to church. It gave the boys 3 hours of time to play with other kids & gave me time to sit down & breathe. I have started meetng some ppl too, so we will see where it goes.

So my advice is get involved with something.

CBtatt_splash-1.gif picture by whisperingdragon

Robin_Ayla
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Bump please...

I am a formula feeding, Pro-Life, Rear facing, Vaccinating, SAHM, College Student, Hates Obama, Does what ever works, Listens to rock&roll, CIO, Organic living, Spanking kinda MOM! :) Don't like it? Shove it!

Robin_Ayla
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:03 PM

thanks. I have honestly really put soem thought into going to church. My daughter is pretty young, so i am wondering how that would work out. I am just scared something will happen in such a "proper" place, like she start crying because she bored, tired.. etc..! LOL she is only 15 months old

Quoting kgsharber:

I was starting to feel this way. My DH goes to school in the fternoons & then goes to work in the evenings. Anywhere I go I have to have the kids attached to me, so I was getting bitter.

Even though I am not a religious person, I started going to church. It gave the boys 3 hours of time to play with other kids & gave me time to sit down & breathe. I have started meetng some ppl too, so we will see where it goes.

So my advice is get involved with something.

scootermom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:04 PM

What about finding a online playgroup for your daughter that's in your area?  She's 15 months old yeah but there's gotta be other SAHM moms in your area that have the same age child as you do.  I mean a playgroup in your area could be good for your daughter, and good for you because you get some adult conversation rather than just stuck at home talking to your daughter or to yourself.

Robin_Ayla
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:07 PM

I have tried that, but i cant seem to find any online. Do you know of any websites?

Quoting scooteirmom:

What about finding a online playgroup for your daughter that's in your area?  She's 15 months old yeah but there's gotta be other SAHM moms in your area that have the same age child as you do.  I mean a playgroup in your area could be good for your daughter, and good for you because you get some adult conversation rather than just stuck at home talking to your daughter or to yourself.

MNLETLE
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:09 PM

i can totally relate...I do it too. Not for the same reasons though.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

scootermom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:09 PM

you can try the meetup website.  That's the only one i can think of off the top of my head. let me think a little bit more and i'll get back to you.

TheFoo
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:13 PM

I used to be the same way with my ex-fiance. I always started fights and little things he did made me wanna just throw something. Anyway he ended up cheating on me with my bestfriend....cant say I blame him but we are both happier now. He is getting married to her in September and I couldnt be happier for him. I have a baby on the way and love my SO with all my heart.

TamaraAnn888
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Momma I am going through the samething and have been for years.Everynight before I go to bed I say tomorrow is going to be even better,I wont treat him like crap but tomorrow comes and I still do it.Does not help that some of the time he comes home in a lousy mood therefore he is cranky.

We moved 2 months ago because I had no friends where we were living,I even went to play groups with the kids which didnt seem to help me make friends.I started hanging out with one girl but I was only good enough for her when she had nothing better to go.Now we are living where I was born and raised and where I had lots of friends but they all seemed to have vanished once I got pregnant with my daughter 3 and a half years ago.I thought moving back here would help and that my friends would come back into my life but thats not the case at all :(

prego7386
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:16 PM

oh my god! i had the same problem yesterday lol!  the baby was teething and doing what babies do best...cry and the hubbs gets all dressed up and leaves me there with the baby in the hotel room to go to his class dinner that the spouses weren't allowed to go to....it pissed me off worse that he was happy about it. of course he was happy he got to go socialize drink eat and joke with people and no worries about the baby... ME on the other hand got to sit in a hotel room with the baby and deal with no air conditioning and crying...instant recipe to piss me off! i was sooo mad i had to go sit in the bathroom for a bit so i didnt say something i didnt mean....i dont hate my husband but sometimes i do feel resentful towards him and then of course feel guilty for it. i dunno maybe its hormones or maybe just being overwhelmed but it comes and goes and i jsut try not to say anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)