Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas Shopping!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:12 PM
  • 17 Replies

Has anybody started planning or buying gifts for Christmas? I know it's a little early but I HAVE to start next month(august) or we won't be able to get gifts for everyone on our list. So am I the only one or has anyone else started doing theirs also?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2boymama
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:14 PM

well apparently you arent the only one, cause I just saw that toys r us was having a xmas in july sale..lol..I cant make myself do it..I'm a last minute shopper.

briana_paige
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:15 PM

I think Toys R Us is my own personal hell. I hate that store! LOL

Quoting 2boymama:

well apparently you arent the only one, cause I just saw that toys r us was having a xmas in july sale..lol..I cant make myself do it..I'm a last minute shopper.

marina069
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:16 PM

yes, i start early also, it is so much easier to buy a little each month than all of it 2 weeks (or less) before Christmas

Lauri, mommy to 2 princesses

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:18 PM

I am actually starting tomorrow, we are going to build a playhouse for our girls so I am going took look for furniture for that!

shortyk2
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:18 PM

I start planning for Christmas as soon as I am done school shopping... we live on a very tight budget so the earlier i can plan the better

babybump87
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:19 PM

i make sure to have all my gift bought before december...Its also a tradition in our family to put our tree up on halloween night.....we have been doing it since the year we got married...

aidensmommy1105
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:20 PM

I just bought my first xmas present the other day. I mainly wait until black friday and get most everyone done then for 1/4 of the price any other day. I can't do much ahead of time cuz i'll forget that i already got someone something and end up getting them 2 things...lol

gemini52283
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:21 PM

I am usually done with Christmas shopping by February! I stock up on stuff during the after Christmas sales. The only one I have to buy for is my ds and I'm waiting on him to see what he will like by Christmas time. Last year he just got books and clothes because he was too small for toys. I am so excited to buy for him this year because he will be able to play with everything and open his gifts! I will probably start shopping for him next month.

Check out our family blog at: http://worldoflandon.blogspot.com/

MAyers

I started in April, Wal mart had clearenced toys so I got them 4 each but they have recieved 2 since then. We'ved decided that they only get 3-5 toys this year, each get 2-3 new outfits. Then we'll get my mom an outfit, my brother something, his (dh) brother/wife something, there 2 children something and then with my uncle we do xmas gifts but this year we're drawing names so everyone gets 1 name so that's another 4 presents but we wont do that until Thanksgiving.

kacree

me two we have christmas and birthdays so i have to start early( 9 total) and my mil has all of her xmas shopping by the end of august also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)