Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for those that have been to the Caribbean??!!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:51 PM
  • 8 Replies

Honestly now LOL how in the world do you decide which island to visit?? Ahhhh, I'm making myself crazy with looking for destinations down there. We plan on going for about 7 days and the whole time I literally want to go-go-go. I do not want to relax as crazy as that sounds!! I just want to experience everything there is to offer. Come on now, all these places and I have no idea!! I definitely want to swim with dolphins, see waterfalls/nature, maybe snorkel, see volcanoes (if the picked island has them) rain forests. I do not care about being relaxed, clubs, drinking, gambling. Just experience mother nature in all her beauty!!

• Anguilla
  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • Aruba
  • Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Bonaire
  • British Virgin Islands
  • Cayman Islands
  • Curacao
  • Dominica
  • Dominican Republic
  • Grenada
  • Guadeloupe
  • Haiti
  • Jamaica
  • Martinique
  • Montserrat
  • Puerto Rico
  • Saba
  • St. Barthelemy - St. Barths
  • St. Eustatius
  • St. Kitts and Nevis
  • St. Lucia
  • St. Maarten
  • St. Martin
  • St. Vincent and Grenadines
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • Turks and Caicos
  • US Virgin Islands
  •  

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:51 PM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-8):
    MommySayz
    by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:57 PM

i use to live in the caribbean for a little while, have family down there... i mean each island has its own thing, but once you've been on an island, its just an island.  i cant wait to go back home (bermuda) but its not part of the caribbean and if thats all youre looking at, 'eh' they are all islands. *lol*

mcginnisc
    by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:59 PM

I go where the cruise takes me.... that way I see different ports of call in a week. I love to cruise!

I've been to: Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Venezuela, Aruba, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Belize, Cozumel

Claire

Billie_Bush
    by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:21 PM

We went to jamaica and I loved it. I went to sandals.

cmb121906
    by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Quoting mcginnisc:

I go where the cruise takes me.... that way I see different ports of call in a week. I love to cruise!

I've been to: Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Venezuela, Aruba, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Belize, Cozumel

Claire

Thx. I looked into cruises and I found one that really appeals to me, but I'm afraid that I want to do so much stuff when you visit a port, that we will just not have enough time for it all LOL!! I really want to swim with dolphins.

AJmum
    by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:40 PM

I am bumping this for later because it's what I have been doing since 7:00 too!! LOL We want a couples all inclusive...

cmb121906
    by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Quoting AJmum:

I am bumping this for later because it's what I have been doing since 7:00 too!! LOL We want a couples all inclusive...

LOL, my brain is spinning. Since the time I posted this, until about 2 hrs ago, I think I have narrowed it down to the Dominican Republic. Now, just what part to stay LOL!!! AHHHHHH!!!

mcsmom99
    by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:48 PM

I've been to Jamaica and Grand Cayman twice.  Jamaica is fun, fun, fun and the people are so friendly.  Jamaica has beaches, rivers, rainforests, waterfalls, and plantations.  The Cayman Islands are British and they're famous for their emeralds.  Caymans have the Turtle Farm, Hell, 7 mile beach, and rum.

I'd recommend both of them.

mcsmom99
    by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Quoting AJmum:

Not the Caribbean but Mexico.  I would recommend this couples all inclusive.  Dh and I had a great time and their spa is to die for.

http://www.leblancsparesort.com/

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)