• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to CRY!!! NO Car

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:09 PM
  • 12 Replies

I can't believe this, we started out with three cars and now we don't have one, the truck was sold to fix the KIA and get tires for the VAN...Then the KIA broke down and it would have cost us a couple of thousand dollar to fix, so it was junked...That was month ago, now are van had died as well. The engine is shot there no way to fix it. So Know we are renting a car, and tomorrow we are going to try and buy a car..

It Suck so much, because now we have to use all the money we were saving to move out of state to get a car, plus use the money his father sent to pay off most of are bills to get a car. now it going to take longer to move. My Poor DH is working way to hard here for little pay.

Once we move out of state he will be paid way better, and he would not have to work two full time job, and i can also find a job as well ( there are no job where i live)

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
21noahsmama21
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:37 PM

I'm so sorry, I hope your situation gets better!!

BabyinAug08
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:39 PM

I agree. In this economy, things have gotten tough on a lot of us. Try to hang in there. There is a light at the end of the tunnel even if you have a lot of twists and turns in your tunnel.

Quoting 21noahsmama21:

I'm so sorry, I hope your situation gets better!!

Melo2828
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:57 PM

thanks guys, i know things will get better , it just hard at time to keep the spirits high..

By the way it very hard to offend me.LOL  I know i'm a horrible speller..LOL so no big deal to me when people point it out to me..LOL

cjsmom0206
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I feel ya, my car is sick too. I have to "try" to bring it in tomorrow. The dealership is over an hour away. My car is about 7000 miles over my warranty, so this one is coming out of pocket. I shutter at the thought of how much this is going to cost me....blah! 

RendevouzDreams
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Can't you just buy something cheap to get around in for a few. That way you don't have to spend the other money. And maybe get caught up enough to still move. JMO..Good luck

luving-mom-of-2
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:16 PM

This is what I was going to suggest.  My DH has an old truck that is not very reliable nor is it any good on gas.  I had a car, which every month, something went wrong with it.  As much as I would have liked a new van, I settled for one with a little over 100,000 miles on it.  It only cost me $2500, after title and tags.  It's in pretty good shape for being ten years old and only has a few minor flaws.  I'm hoping it'll last for a least four more years, until we can get our little loan paid off, so we can take out another one for a newer vehicle.

So, keep your eye out for something decent and cheap.  Do you know someone that is pretty knowledgable with cars (meaning, knows a lot about the engine and parts...etc.).  You can ask them our take them with you to check out some cheap cars.  That way they can help you spot anything wrong with the vehicle.

I hope everything works out for you!  Good luck!

Quoting RendevouzDreams:

Can't you just buy something cheap to get around in for a few. That way you don't have to spend the other money. And maybe get caught up enough to still move. JMO..Good luck

Proud Denny Hamlin #11 & Michael Waltrip #55 Fan!

Emiliesmom407
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:29 PM

I now how you feel sweety, I have had such bad luck with cars! My last car broke down when I was 6 months pregnant, and I haven't had the money again to even think about getn another one. I finally just got some extra money, so i'm working on getting a car right now, its not a very nice one, but it will be me from point a to point b and that's all I need. For the last couple years I've been fortunate enough to have my mom loan me her car when I need to get somewhere. And as for the jobs, I hear you on that one, it's hard to get jobs now days, and if you guys do get the chance to move I would make sure I had a job lined up for you guys, so you're not stuck there with no job.  But like the others said I would look for a really cheap car, and if you do know anyone that knows about cars, you can pick up a really cheap car for a couple hundred dollars that only has a small problem with it. I have heard of this a lot, where someone has a car that quit on them so they just want to get rid of it because they don't know whats wrong, and it ended being a really cheap part that was easy to fix....so maybe you can get lucky with something like that. GL sweety you are in my prayers.

Melo2828
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Thank you all for reponding to my post.  We are planning on getting a used car. We  cannot afford a new one anyways..LOL  We are hoping to find a desent car for little money. Of course it raining today were we live. But there no choose we have to find a car to day. We are renting one for today so we can go car shopping.

Plus we are leaving the are teengar at home so she can watch the baby ( we ask her and she said that was cool..lol)  so we do not have to keep the baby out in the rain. 

lawyerswifey
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Now to the OP. I know what it's like with no car, and it is really rough. Especially when you live far away from the places you really need to go. I hope things work out well for you! ~hugs~

OH and a P.S. also remember it is well worth it to run a carfax report on the car before you buy it.

cowboygal
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:46 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your car problems. We had some a few years ago. We moved into our house and a week later the engine goes. For two months dh rode a bike to work (40 min on bike) and we walked to the store with the double stroller and a wagon. Finally I asked my dad for the money when it got too hot to really walk or ride. So we got a rebuilt engine put in. Is that an option with your van? It was about 2000 for the engine but our car was/is a 1992.

This signature is very tall. Try to keep it shorter than this green section.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)