Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does she really need a car seat UGH

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:11 PM
  • 43 Replies

ok so my sister is having another baby. Well i take care of them alot so I need a car seat. What is a good cheap one? I am not going to have the new baby full time so I don't wanna spend alot at all. Please any ideas are great

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidansmommy529
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:12 PM

stores like walmart have cheap ones

lovinmyseabee09
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:13 PM

wal mart carries ones for 35 bucks. infant seats with a base. and yes, you do need one if your going to go anywhere with the new baby. lol

{ insert pissy little paragraph about how my views are better than yours here }

yesitsme311
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:14 PM

They have cheap ones at walmart. Just make sure its installed properly and try to read about it and make sure it has a decent rating. Take it to a fire station or hospital and ask them to help you install it.

I am a mother to the most awesome kids in the world. I love my husband very much. I will always vax my kids untill its proven better not too. I believe marriage should be between 2 PEOPLE that love each other-gender shouldnt matter. I believe forcing religion down kids throats is not fair. I believe kids should always be in carseats, no matter what. I believe people who smoke around thier kids should be charged with child endangerment. I am pro-choice, doesnt mean I am pro-abortion I just think women should have the choice. I believe in saying what you feel, you are always going to offend someone anyway no matter what you say.

Jencal1983

can you just share hers and get an extra base for your car?

Sagely

Well, if you want new, and guaranteed no prior trauma, look at Walmart's selection.  Carseats are not sold in retail if they do not pass a battery of tests, so every carseat on the market is "safe" to at least a minimal requirement.

And, more money doesn't always mean safer.  It may mean fancier, softer, or more features.  Or just the brand name.

Otherwise, you can check out Craigslist or local yard sales.

MissAndrea125
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Can't you just use the same carrier, and just get an additional base?  

3armycuties
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Can't your sister just leave her hers?

mel808
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:16 PM
we only had one car seat. what would be the point in separating the baby and the seat. she's not gonna need the seat if she doesn't have the baby, right?
iansusie
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Is you sister going to use an infant carseat? If so justtell her to leave it and just get a base for it, or they can be installed with no base too....

MommyJ0697
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Bases take forever to get here unless you buy them at Babies R Us in store. Evenflo Discovery is a 5 pt harness with detatchable bases with LATCH system. Easy Carry ergonomic handle and EPS foam at Wal Mart for $50. When baby gets bigger for $45 you can buy the Cosco Scenera with the EPS foam, 5 point harness and it has GREAT reviews

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)