Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not wanting to give anyone food poisoning......

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:34 PM
  • 9 Replies

ok......everyone......please help me.......i need your ideas...... i am having a birthday party for my son, it is going to be outside, and the weather report says it will be 118......so, i am going to have snacks....and i need ideas.....i can't have a meat, cheese & crackers platter, because the meat and cheese needs to be chilled......i can't have any mayonaise or sourcream based dips for chips or veggies because the dips will spoil in that heat. any ideas that will be good snacks, but won't go bad?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Septpreggo
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:36 PM

u can have all that but just bring it out only immediatly before people start eating, and have a cooler of ice and put the food on the ice

jillbailey26
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Is it at a park or your house?

If it's at your house you could keep the food inside and have the party outside.

~Jill~

groovypansy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:37 PM

no the party is at a public pool and they don't provide a fridge

masonsmommii
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:41 PM

118!?!? AHH id have an inside  party!! but since its a pool i guess its not too hot! Take a cooler and put like already made sandwiches and stuff . where do you live? thats freakin hot! 

CDabbs
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:43 PM
chips and salsa would be good, you could also serve veggies with salsa as a dip. maybe chicken fingers too, you can buy a big bag at grocery store, just heat em up before the party. you can mix mustard and honey together as a dip. hope any of that helps! 118 sounds like great pool party weather!
aidansmommy529
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:44 PM

put it on ice. aviod anything with mayo in it unless iced. it was over 100 when we had our family reunion and everyone kept food in coolers until right before serving and then we used ice trays

also could you put the food inside and have everyone get it inside and then eat outside?

groovypansy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:44 PM

bump

mstnbecki
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:48 PM

they make coolers and you can put ice in the bottom of it

Quoting groovypansy:

no the party is at a public pool and they don't provide a fridge

Septpreggo
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:03 PM

you could order pizza and have it delivered to the party or have someone go pick it up

also if theirs a grill available or ur allowed to grill have burgers and hotdogs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)