Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WALMART SUCKS!!!!! But we all knew that already!!! Mild Cursing

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:42 PM
  • 30 Replies

I work there... Been there on and off for almost a yr!!! WELL today I went to work as usual (Ive been getting AROUND 38 hrs a week) and the Manager called me to the office right after I showed up... and told me...

"Im sorry but we have to cut ur hrs!!" I asked why and she said that They just hired some new people so they had to cut some hrs to accomidate them...

Ok so.. WHY IN THE HELL WOULD U HIRE NEW PEOPLE WHEN U DON'T HAVE ENOUGH HRS TO ACCOMIDATE THEM!?!?!?!

Im SOOO pissed!! I freaking HATE Wal-mart!!! If it wasn't for the fact that NO where else in town if Hiring I would leave!!!! So I may have to give up my Interent soon... Just depends on how long my hrs are cut.. BTW my Manager KNEW I was pissed I was very Short with her and all the managers today!! I wasn't rude but I didn't just Chat it up with them...

OK????

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:43 PM

yep, hated working there, don't really like shopping there either lol

jillbailey26
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Your hours would most likely pick back up when the holiday season gets closer.  They might be filling positions that need to be filled or getting ready for the holiday season. 

~Jill~

BabyinAug08
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:45 PM

well I assume that they have reason for hiring new people to fill in other shoes.

Hope things get better though,.

mstnbecki
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Same as the gas station i worked at have full staff enough hrs to make everyone happy and the hire more ppl and cut everyone hrs. its like why hire ppl and cut other hrs makes no sense to me either 

melissabilliot
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:47 PM

yea that sucks

Group Admin for Young Old School mamma's If your young and Like to keep the way you raise your kids old school then this group is for you...

momx32
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I worked there two years through college and now my sister is there as a cake decorator. They are doing the same thing here hiring new ones and cutting hours on seasoned employees. Dumb dumb dumb. I wish you lots of luck and hope it gets better.

apeclark2008
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Well I understand that... BUT ITS JULY!!!! I would understand in like sept or august Like they did last yr.... but NOW!!! and my issue is that In the department im in now we were already OVER staffed and they just hired like 3 new ladies... THATS why My hours got cut... I just don't get it... No one elses got cut.... Kinda Pisses me off.... I haven't miss one day... Never been late... Do my job... (not that hard of a job really... I answer the phones and work at the fitting room) It just really freaking annoying... PLUS their are others there that have been there 3-4 months and THIER hrs didn't get cut... But because they want to train one of the new ladies on my Job I get my hrs cut... Its just really annoying!!

Quoting jillbailey26:

Your hours would most likely pick back up when the holiday season gets closer.  They might be filling positions that need to be filled or getting ready for the holiday season. 

OK????

Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:54 PM

Totally not trying to be disrespectful but while I'm in your post can I ask how much money you start out making at Wal-Mart, I may have to get a second job and that's about all there is around here!

That does suck though, hope it gets better!

Jafra_mommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I worked in their pharmacy as a tech... I don't think I'll ever work in a retail pharmacy ever again.

http://www.paintedpixels.com

apeclark2008
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:57 PM

It ALL depends on  ur Experiance!!! I have a bit of resale experiance... so Made when i first started there was $7.65 an Hr!!!!

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

Totally not trying to be disrespectful but while I'm in your post can I ask how much money you start out making at Wal-Mart, I may have to get a second job and that's about all there is around here!

That does suck though, hope it gets better!

OK????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)