Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

proactive....????

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:45 PM
  • 23 Replies

Ive been wanting to try proactive, I had been breaking out a little on my forhead,small ones , but all over. Has anyone used proactive and how well does it work, or if you know of anything else to try.

I have been using Nutregena face wash made for acne.doesnt work.

any suggestions welcome....

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FDNYwife
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:48 PM

would do a commercial for free for them!  i buy the repairing lotion only, i get it on ebay, put it on once a day like a moisturizer!  Love it!  Only wish they had it when I was in HS lol

Brooke501

I have used proactiv and really liked it. I did build up a tolerance for it so it stopped working as well. I switched to a Mary Kay line for normal to oily skin and that also worked. I switch them up so I dont get to tolerant to either one. I also like the neutrogena wave. I use that if I am in a hurry. 

Buffy65

My daughter used Proactive for about a year. It didn't work any better than any other acne product out there...I'll tell you what it DID do though....BLEACHED my BRAND NEW TOWELS!!!

I don't know if she wasn't rinsing her face well enough after using Proactive, or what the deal was...but my towels were ruined.

jitterbuug48

never used it but I'll give you a bump!

-Cat

youngmommy2be09
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:52 PM

I LOVE PROACTIVE! Right now I cant really afford it so I am using this horrible pink grapefruit nutregeona scrub. its not really working at all. I miss my proactive.

It works for some people but some people it doesnt. It works for me and I love it!!!!!

I know this World Is So...Cold and Deceiving, But I keep my Head up...Like My nose is bleeding. - Lil Wayne- 

prego7386
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:54 PM

lmao i did this to my moms too! i was using the towels to wipe off the stuff..like wetting them and wiping my face off instead of searching for a washcloth....i had to by her new ones...well i didnt HAVE to but i felt bad lol

Quoting Buffy65:

My daughter used Proactive for about a year. It didn't work any better than any other acne product out there...I'll tell you what it DID do though....BLEACHED my BRAND NEW TOWELS!!!

I don't know if she wasn't rinsing her face well enough after using Proactive, or what the deal was...but my towels were ruined.

haileysmom2833
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:56 PM

I used it for the four years I was in high school, and loved it!  I couldn't afford it once I moved out on my own, but by then I didn't really have the skin problems I had when I was younger.  The only thing I didn't like was that I would use it everyday, and what they sent lasted longer than the month they say.  So, when you do the direct order, where they automatically send it to you every 30 days, you wind up with more than you can use.  Once I did cancel my plan, I had enough stored up to last over 6 months!!

TheFoo
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:56 PM

I HATE THE STUFF!! Never worked for me but yes my yellow towels all turned white...odd LOL. I would never recommend this stuff to anyone

Phatpatswife
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Used it, love it!

FDNYwife
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Quoting youngmommy2be09:

I LOVE PROACTIVE! Right now I cant really afford it so I am using this horrible pink grapefruit nutregeona scrub. its not really working at all. I miss my proactive.

It works for some people but some people it doesnt. It works for me and I love it!!!!!

I get it cheap on ebay!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)