Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Service Horse???

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

I was just watching on Inside Edition that in Texas a lady who is legaly bling and has a seizure disorder, Epilepsy has a "service" horse. She rides her horse Trixie inside the grocery store, gown the highway, past cars. All over the place...Businesses don't like the idea of a horse entering their places. But the lady needs to do everyday stuff. They horse had been trained to help her out. He know when a seizure is coming. What do you think? What is you saw a person onhorseback walking down the cereal isle?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mcsmom99
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:56 PM

As long as it knows not to shit in the store, I don't have a problem with it.

mom2four1978
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:00 PM

I don't know where in Texas that lady is from, but in my little Texas town people would not even look twice at her. Of course people here are real laid back. If I saw a horse in the store I would think "well would you look at that, don't let him near the oats".

I refuse to raise SHEEPLE. Instead, I prefer to raise INDEPENDANT, STRONG WILLED, BRAVE people.

MissiHampt
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:02 PM

I'm not a horse expert by any means, but don't they just poop randomly whenever they feel the need?  Like, they can't be taught to hold it and go outside like a dog, right?  I don't care if someone rides a horse all over the store, I'm just wondering who gets to clean up the crap......

superdaughter
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:23 PM

It's Forworth Texas where she is from...She cleans the poo herself...It's very easy to scoop up horse poo. Also,the rider know when the horse goes pee or poo. It's usually on schedule.....So right after horsey goes potty in the grass, it's time to move on.

MissiHampt
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:31 PM

She's blind....but cleans up the horse crap herself??  Couldnt that get a little messy?  I'm just picturing this blind woman flailing around in horse crap on the grocery store floor.....

Quoting superdaughter:

It's Forworth Texas where she is from...She cleans the poo herself...It's very easy to scoop up horse poo. Also,the rider know when the horse goes pee or poo. It's usually on schedule.....So right after horsey goes potty in the grass, it's time to move on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)