Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

yeah.. "those" friends..

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:59 PM
  • 20 Replies
anyone feel like some of your best friends just.. dont get it anymore? now that i am married and pregnant and living a "grown up" life its like my single friends that i was SOO close with just.. get on my nerves now.

they talk about things that dont matter. they tell me about "boys" and refer to them as "boys" and not men, that gets on my nerves. i am only 21, and all of my friends are from about 20-25. but it seems like the single ones (or even the ones that arent single & just dont have children) just dont understand what "life" is.. its weird.

i know i was single, and i wasn't always going to be a mom, but even then i feel like i was more mature than they are. and i just never noticed it until now. i ignore their calls half the time because i know its just going to be highschool drama with another girl, or talking about how they "miss this boy soooo bad" that they only dated for about a week.. last summer.. i cant stand it anymore.

i think i need new friends =/
it sucks
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adulation
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:03 PM

i think most people here know how you feel.  i am even a single mom but my friends with kids can really grate on my nerves.  sorry but whining about a guy not liking you just doesn't compare to the issues of raising a child.

anetrnlov
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Yeah, I had friends like that....those relationships disappeared quickly as did the ones with my married friends who still liked to party.

The list of people I actually call friends is probably the shortest it has even been in my life but I probably have some of the best friends that I have ever had.

elleinad
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:04 PM

If your friends are 20-25, and they're dating in the same age group, then they are indeed dating boys, not men.

"...Only the doing of justice is a good enough excuse to be born."

dannie0802
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:06 PM

yes of course ive lost friends ovder the years but i have the same bf since were 8

2boymama
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:07 PM

yeah..I remember when I first got married and had kids going thru that. My priorities were suddenly different than theirs. Whats funny is 5 or 10 yrs down the road when they're all getting married and having kids and start calling you again, but now its for advice..lol

adulation
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Quoting elleinad:

If your friends are 20-25, and they're dating in the same age group, then they are indeed dating boys, not men.

Lila's dad is 36 and i'd still put him in with the boys before i would with the men.  some of 'em just never grow up.

Angelbabii407
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:07 PM
I totally get it! My friends are always calling me and asking me to go clubing or partying and im like i cant, i have a kid I have to watch!
RiNKeasMom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Oh ya I went though this. I also lost most of my "so not getting it" friends in the process. We all have to grow up eventually, it just takes some longer than other. I was very fortunate however, that right after I found out I was pregnant I was at work and a new girl started that same day. She just so happened to be 5 months along and we clicked instantly. Now, 6 years later, she has 3 kids I have 2 and her and I are still closer than sisters, she lives a block away from me and we talk if not see each other every single day. Both of our hubbys work really long hours so most days even it is like we are the big family together with all of our kids. You'll find your new friends, and trust me they often will be better than the younger friend/relationships you ever had.

sararay
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Yea, people change. Most people only have a small handful of really good friends that last through big life changes like marriage and children. You will find out which ones they are and they will eventually catch up and you will have stuff in common again.

CafeMom Tickers

elleinad
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Quoting adulation:

Quoting elleinad:

Lila's dad is 36 and i'd still put him in with the boys before i would with the men.  some of 'em just never grow up.

Ain't that the truth.

"...Only the doing of justice is a good enough excuse to be born."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)