Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I make with

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

My cupboards are bare! I need to go grocery shopping, but its not gunna happen tonight.  Soo What can I do with Chicken thighs?!!? Thats YUMMY!

THANKS!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
elleinad
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Do you have thyme, limes, and chicken broth?

"...Only the doing of justice is a good enough excuse to be born."

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:19 PM

well it depends on how bare your cabinets are lol. you can just boil them, pick it off the bone and make chicken and noodles, kinda like chicken and dumplins.  i usually use chicken thighs for bag n season.  or if you have rice and cream of chicken soup, you can make a casserole, or just roll them in flour and have fried chicken....season em up and bake em.

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:20 PM

oh, one thing i forgot,   a cup of ketchup and a can of coke makes a tangy bbq sauce, i usually leave it in the crock pot all day, but im sure it would be  t he same baked in the oven

MelaniesMama
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:23 PM

No limes...............They arent crazy bar. lol I just dont have all the ingredients to any of my recipes.  A little bit for each.

Quoting elleinad:

Do you have thyme, limes, and chicken broth?

LuvinMyRockstar
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:23 PM

i love chicken thighs, because there is so much meat on the bone. here is what i do with them.

about 4 chicken thighs

i line them up in a baking dish

then i sprinkle italian seasoning over all of them. and then i take either a lime or a lemon and squeeze the juice over them. then i add alil butter to each thigh. then bake for 375 deg F for 50 mins or until chicken is golden brown and no longer pink in the middle.

then sometimes i will either serve it with white rice, or some alfredo pasta.

sadeyez11
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:28 PM

make mexican rice with chicken called aroz con pollo. boil the chicken til it is falling off the bones while tha is boiling brown your rice and when it is brown add about a cup to a cup and a half of water and let simmer. also add cut up tomato and onion and a can of tomatoe sauce. let simmer until rice is almost cooked if you have to add more water do so. then when the chicken is ready shred it off the bone and mix it with the rice. eat with tortillas or tortilla chips. delicious! thats what we are having for supper tonight

oh be sure to season your rice, ground cumin, and garlic pepper and lemon pepper. mmmm good

MelaniesMama
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Yummy ideas ladies!!  Im going to have my DH look at htem and pick one.  I have all the stuf for both! Woo-Hoo!

THANKS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)