Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is Your Talent/Gift? Is it displayed on Etsy.com?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:32 PM
  • 99 Replies

Poll

Question: What holds you back from living your dreams?

Options:

Lack of money$$$

My kid(s)

My spouse

My current job

Lack of motivation

Myself

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 68

View Results

Hey Moms!

I know many of us women, Moms, and SAHM's have talents/gifts that, if given the proper resources, we would like to reveal to the world. So, WHAT is YOUR talent/gift? Can you sing, rap:), sew, design (anything), crochet, make furniture, hair style, teach, preach, write poetry? WHAT:) IS YOUR GIFT?...AND...Do you already display this talent on any website e.g., Etsy? Ebay? etc,...

SO EXCITED TO HEAR FROM YOU ALL!!simple smile

~K~

Ephesians 6:12

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. "

Anger Management Online: WWW.CAFEMOM.COM/GROUP/ANGERMANAGEMENT4U

Caribbean Cooking Made Simple: http://www.cafemom.com/group/Caribbeancooking

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RiverPhenix
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I am psychic and do reading from the Saints and Angels Oracle deck.

KXDESIGNS
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Umm..Interesting.

When did you know you had a 'psychic' gift?

~K~

Quoting RiverPhenix:

I am psychic and do reading from the Saints and Angels Oracle deck.

LeslieSS
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:38 PM

I can draw just about anything, would love to be a tattoo artist. But I can't afford to apprentace without pay.

Also would love to go back to school for personal training and nutritionist, but hey I don't have money.

1busymomma03
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I sew. I make baby items: baby quilts, bibs, burp cloths, etc. I have started making my girls dresses, but I've only done a few of those so far. I also make hairbows. I have sold some things on Ebay in the past. I also sell some stuff in a local boutique, and I've done some craft shows. I don't really have enough free time to sew much anymore, but I do whenever I get the chance.

KXDESIGNS
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:45 PM

This is a talent I ALWAYS wish I could possess. My brother was a great artist! He passed a few years ago...but my daughter, who's never met him, has a drawing talent...So, I always tell her that Uncle Rich must have passed her the torch on her way down:)!

Keep your dream alive-LeslieSS!...Start submitting your drawings to local newspaper's comic sections. Enter drawing talent contests-many are posted on the net...just make sure to read the fine print. I believe you'll succeed if you don't give up hope on your dream!!! With God ALL things are truly possible!

Good blessings:)

~K~

Quoting LeslieSS:

I can draw just about anything, would love to be a tattoo artist. But I can't afford to apprentace without pay.

Also would love to go back to school for personal training and nutritionist, but hey I don't have money.

Mommy2MrHandsum
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:45 PM

im getting into photography. alot of ppl tell me im pretty good for just starting off... and quite a few have asked me to do pictures for them. i hope to be able to make a side job out of it. =]

KXDESIGNS
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:46 PM

I sew too! I just don't have the free time any longer now that I work full-time. But have you ever tried selling on Etsy.com? I hear a lot of great things about that site!

~K~

Quoting 1busymomma03:

I sew. I make baby items: baby quilts, bibs, burp cloths, etc. I have started making my girls dresses, but I've only done a few of those so far. I also make hairbows. I have sold some things on Ebay in the past. I also sell some stuff in a local boutique, and I've done some craft shows. I don't really have enough free time to sew much anymore, but I do whenever I get the chance.

DomesticDoll
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:50 PM

I sew, crochet, draw, I have made alot of baby stuff, I only have a few posted on my website on etsy havnt put too much on still working on stuff..I learned how to crochet at 7yr and have been ever since..I can make alot of stuff, funny thing is I never learned how to read the patterns for crocheting I just think about how it is and make it. Ive been drawing as soon as I could pick up a pencil, I can draw pretty good.

1busymomma03
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I haven't tried Etsy. I don't really know too much about it, and I'm afraid to commit myself to anything else right now. Maybe I will look into it if I have more free time when the kids start school. But I'm afraid that with two in elementary school, and one still at home with me and a 2 month old that I babysit, I still may not have much free time. LOL.

What do you sew?

Quoting KXDESIGNS:

I sew too! I just don't have the free time any longer now that I work full-time. But have you ever tried selling on Etsy.com? I hear a lot of great things about that site!

~K~

Quoting 1busymomma03:

necro1134
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:55 PM

i can kinda draw...nope i havent sold any of my art work. i dont think its good enough to sell.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)