• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What age do you leave your kid at a party? *POLL*

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:53 PM
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: What age?

Options:

1 *could be possible*

older then 7

never

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

My daughter will be 3 in August most people are family so the adults will be staying with there children. But there are some children coming that are my daughters friends but the adults called and asked if they could stay for the party which I said yes to of course but 1 mom who lives down the street from me told me that she'd drop her son off at 530 and be here at 830 to pick him up (the party is from 6-8). I told her that she needs to stay here b/c theres no way that I can watch her child and throw a party for my daughter. (does that sound bad?) She says she drops off her son for all of his friends parties btw he's almost 4. What age will you start dropping your kids off at there friends birthday party?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
savannahnhi
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:54 PM

wow, she is a good mom.  that is way too young.  Just tell her you are not a babysitter

Kaelaasmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:57 PM

My daughter was 6 when I left her alone at a party. I only do it for parties that are at people's homes. I stay for ones at public places.

CafeMom Tickers

I am a non-ERF, can't wait to drop the booster, breast-fed til 6 weeks, Nestle formula using, pro-choice, Independent, open-minded, gay marriage supporting, CIO, NON-AP, former Marine mom to the only perfect child on Earth. Don't tell me how to raise my kid, and I won't tell you what's wrong with yours!

richgirljj
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:59 PM

I have to say it depends on the age of my child and how well I know the people hosting it.

I have a 12 year old, if I didn't know the people, I would stick close.  If I knew the people, probably age 5. 

junebug624
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Yea, that child will be in to everything.  I think I was 10 or 11 when I got to go to a pool party at a friends house alone.

Quoting savannahnhi:

wow, she is a good mom.  that is way too young.  Just tell her you are not a babysitter

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college attending, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

lauraluann
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:02 PM

I would say 8-10

maybaby08
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Our one and only DS is only a year but I think I will let him go to parties at good friends' houses alone when he's 6 or 7 (voted for 7) but if it's a classmate that we don't know well or at a public place then we will go until he's probably in high school LOL

Yes we CAN and Yes we DID!!!!

Photobucket

Danielle008
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:04 PM

wow no you have enough to stress about (for me parties can be stressful) how rude of her. i had a mom come but actually pass out on my couch so my GUEST were watching her six week old baby and no she didnt know them. 

TLVS
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:10 PM

I put other because it would all depend on the type of party and who was having it and who would be there.  If it was a party at my sister's house and she said I could drop the kids off, then I would leave a 1 or  2 year old with her.  If it was a sleep over for the little kids in a class, I could see letting a 5 or 6 year old stay if I knew the parents.  It all depends on the kind of party too.  When we had Birthday parties for kids growing up the parent's weren't expected to stay, although some did.  mom always made sure she asked friends or her sisters to help and watch the kids (or us older kids).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)