• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastmilk Question PIOG

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:55 PM
  • 27 Replies

I need help figureing out how to increase my milk supply. I had my baby 7 days ago, and am only getting 8ccs each pumping. My baby is in the NICU so therefore i cant nurse on demand, i would love to actually nurse my baby. Does anyone have any tips?

I should also add that im pumping every 2 hours for 30 mins at a time....

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zgirls009
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Find a lactation consultant asap!  They'll be your best option to help you create and maintain a supply while your baby is in the NICU.

Swtmama62205
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Its really hard to get milk out by pumping.  But what you can try is fenugreek.  Take 2 in the morning 2 in the afternoon and to at night.  And when you start to smell like syrup your taking the right amount!  I did this and it doubled my milk suply!  Good luck hun

SAHM to two little boys Noah 4 and Andrew 2 And a loving wife to Ryan=)

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
KRISTAL_WILDER
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:57 PM

The more you pump the more you will produce.

amb_josh
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Ok is this something over the counter?

Quoting Swtmama62205:

Its really hard to get milk out by pumping.  But what you can try is fenugreek.  Take 2 in the morning 2 in the afternoon and to at night.  And when you start to smell like syrup your taking the right amount!  I did this and it doubled my milk suply!  Good luck hun

MelaniesMama
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Yes!  They will have one available for you.  Tlkto one of the nurses in the NICU they can steer you in the right direction.
I had your problem (Baby in the hospitla in a situation where I couldnt nurse on demand) when my DD was born and didnt know to go to a lactation consultant and lost my milk at around 6 weeks.

Quoting zgirls009:

Find a lactation consultant asap!  They'll be your best option to help you create and maintain a supply while your baby is in the NICU.

amb_josh
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:59 PM

LOL if i pump anymore i might as well duct tape the things to me lol.....

Quoting KRISTAL_WILDER:

The more you pump the more you will produce.

Swtmama62205
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Yeah you can get it at like GNC and like Rite Aid and CVS i think.  Any store that is a health store you will be able to find it

Quoting amb_josh:

Quoting Swtmama62205:

SAHM to two little boys Noah 4 and Andrew 2 And a loving wife to Ryan=)

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
MelaniesMama
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Its an Herb.....I bet you can get it at a health food store.

Quoting amb_josh:

Quoting Swtmama62205:

AlyssaRob1416
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Your milk probably has not come in yet. How preemie was your baby? I know that if the baby is very premature, milk production can be a problem. I had my preemie at 28 weeks.

amb_josh
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Ok ill have to go get some.....LOL smelling like pancake syurp cant be that bad of a thing right....lol at least i wont smell like bo or something

Quoting Swtmama62205:

Yeah you can get it at like GNC and like Rite Aid and CVS i think.  Any store that is a health store you will be able to find it

Quoting amb_josh:

Quoting Swtmama62205:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)