• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DHS worker came to my house, need help

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:55 PM
  • 11 Replies

Last Friday a case worker came to my house to see my  7 year old because his teachers said he had a black eye and finger print bruises on his arm.  Yes he did have a bruise on his eye because he bumped it on Thursday night but he did not have bruises on his arm.  So the case worker asked a bunch of questions and took pictures and tried to tell me that the bruise he had on his eye could not have happened from being bumped.  She tried to insinuate either me or my husband lost control with him because he is an active child and appears to be someone who would be easy to loose control with which I can honestly say DID NOT HAPPEN.  So she wanted me to take him to the doctor which I did and the doctor pretty much didn't say anything other then he had a bruise on his eye and it would eventually heal.  Then today she shows up again with our foster child's case worker at 9 a.m. and started saying that our house was unsuitable for our kids because it was a little messy and cluttered and she tried to say that the last time she came out her feet were sticking to the floor.  Now I will admit my house is a little cluttered and messy and today it was a little messier then usual but she tried to insinuate that there were layers of filth and that I may be suffering from depression because my house is messy.  She also said that our adoption worker was concerned that my husband and I were a little too passive and didn't have structure in our home. So she took pictures of our house and asked a bunch more questions and wants me to do a depression screening and I guess next Tuesday there is a meeting about us and they will make a decision on what they can do. She never said what time this meeting was or where or if we were even supposed to be there.  I am freaking out I don't know what to do or what I can do.  My mom called this case worker to get more information and talk to a supervisor but I don't know if she ever got in touch with antone, she wants to hire an attorney for us but I don't know if that will do any good.  Anyone have any advice on what I should or can do?  I'm so scared about what might happen.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenniferLeh
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:58 PM

I have no idea.....clean the hell out of your house, and be as sickly sweet and good natured as possible.

are your children foster kids or adopted kids??? This is nuts that they can just walk into your house and complain about it being somewhat messy.....I don't know, I don't have any experience in htis.

Photobucket
Photobucket
lovinmyseabee09
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:01 PM

i am so sorry. *hugs* i would be scared shitless.

{ insert pissy little paragraph about how my views are better than yours here }

mcsmom99
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Clean your house and do what they ask.  You don't really have any other choice.

mommam58122
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:04 PM

http://www.cafemom.com/group/9382 this is a link to a cps help advice group i had cps called on me before they found nothing actually bc we lived on a military base they had to call before they came out and the day they called and wanted to come i told them nope i was cleaning for one and for 2 they were not comming in without dh's commanders there so they came the next day when his commanders were present but this group helped me alot there are other moms who have been through what u have been in go join it they will  help a lot

PLEASE IGNORE MY SPELLING ERRORS WHEN I AM TYPEING FAST LIKE I NORMALLY DO I WILL NOT FIGHT MY S KEY SO IT DOESNT WORK ITS ONLY UNTIL I GET MY COMP BACK I AM OPN HUBBY'S COMP MINE IS STILL PACKED AND HASNT ARRIVED YET WE JUST MOVED AND ARE STAYING IN A HOTEL FOR NOW.

Follow me join my groups No Backing down momma's

Terra3
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Quoting JenniferLeh:

I have no idea.....clean the hell out of your house, and be as sickly sweet and good natured as possible.

are your children foster kids or adopted kids??? This is nuts that they can just walk into your house and complain about it being somewhat messy.....I don't know, I don't have any experience in htis.

We have 4 boys age 7,6,3,2 the 6 and 2 year old are our natural children, the 7 year old is adopted, and the 3 year old is a foster child which we are potentionally adopting.  I guess my greatest fears are that they will take my kids away but also that legally they could take our foster child at any moment and we would never see him again or they won't let us adopt him.

rugbugs3
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:21 PM

THIS IS MY OPINION I WOULD HAVE ME A ATTORNEY...HAVE MY HOUSE IN THE BEST SHAPE IT HAS EVER BEEN IN FOOD CABINETS FULL STOCKED TO THE BEST I COULD DO...HAVE FRIENDS AND FAMILY WRITE LETTERS STATING WHAT KIND OF FAMILY YOU WERE AND WHAT KIND OF FATHER AND MOTHER YOU ARE...I WOULD MAKE MY SELF LOOK AS GOOD AS I COULD GET.  WISH YOU ALL THE LUCK.... I DO THINK THAT PPL NEED TO MIND THERE OWN BUSINESS THO...IT HURTS GOOD FAMILIES IN THE LONG RUN...SORRY THIS IS HAPPENING TO YOU 

adamjackie
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:26 PM

(((HUGS))) Let your mom get you an attorney. That way you have someone on your side that knows the law and your rights. I would get one ASAP! Good luck sweety.

Pigletsmommy129
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:28 PM

How long have you had the foster child and adopted children in your house?? Did you have to have home inspections before they were brought in your home? If so, I don't understand why they would be giving you a hard time now. But really all you can do is clean the house and do everything they ask you to do. Good luck to you and I'm sorry this is happening to you and your family.

MamaAlderman_2
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:29 PM

I totally agree and anyone that has seen you with the kids. I am sorry this is happening to you

Quoting rugbugs3:

THIS IS MY OPINION I WOULD HAVE ME A ATTORNEY...HAVE MY HOUSE IN THE BEST SHAPE IT HAS EVER BEEN IN FOOD CABINETS FULL STOCKED TO THE BEST I COULD DO...HAVE FRIENDS AND FAMILY WRITE LETTERS STATING WHAT KIND OF FAMILY YOU WERE AND WHAT KIND OF FATHER AND MOTHER YOU ARE...I WOULD MAKE MY SELF LOOK AS GOOD AS I COULD GET.  WISH YOU ALL THE LUCK.... I DO THINK THAT PPL NEED TO MIND THERE OWN BUSINESS THO...IT HURTS GOOD FAMILIES IN THE LONG RUN...SORRY THIS IS HAPPENING TO YOU 

ang0708
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:32 PM

This is exactly what i was going to say..that is not right. get someone to fight for your rights. Make sure you get lots of letters to back you up. Clean that house that they can eat off the damn floor. Sucks that happening to you and your family. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers

Quoting rugbugs3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)