Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The rude and ignorant woman in the car behind me.....

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:00 PM
  • 33 Replies

Around 5:30 I was on my way to Sam's Club. I was heading towards the road that runs both behind Walmart and Sam's Club (it's connects the parking lots together which I think is nice so you don't have to be on the busy highway) and I came to a red light that was green and without a turning lane nor an arrow light. Infront of me there was at least 20 cars coming and they were flying. I had my son in my car and I am pregnant so I was putting my child and unborn child's safty as my priorty. Behind me there was 4 cars and the one directly behind me was dark blue with a woman in it to be about 50ish. I only noticed this woman's age apperance because whenever the redlight turned red she leaned her head out the window and screamed "You moron!" Let me point out the fact that I have a baby on board sticker in my back w0indow clearly visiable to eveyone. The redlight turned green again and this time after 4 cars passed infront I was able to make my left turn. As I did this the woman behind me yet again stuck her head out the window this time screaming "You ASSHOLE!" I kept my cool and ignored her but I mummered under my breath that "my children's safty is my number one priorty whenever I am driving and if you don't like it you should of went around!" And if you are that woman who reads this I have one word for you "PATIENCE".  I am sure you have had children and felt the same way at one time, and you most definatly could of went around me instead of making a fool of yourself!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melissabilliot
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:08 PM

don't let stupid people get to you ...you were being a good drive and the world could do with a lot more people like you...

Group Admin for Young Old School mamma's If your young and Like to keep the way you raise your kids old school then this group is for you...

Kaelaasmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:10 PM

You are supposed to pull into the intersection and wait to turn. You will have to clear the intersection before the rest of the traffic can go. Had you done this, she would have been able to get around you and continue on.

If I had been behind you, I would have been pissed, too. I wouldn't have hollered at you, though.

CafeMom Tickers

I am a non-ERF, can't wait to drop the booster, breast-fed til 6 weeks, Nestle formula using, pro-choice, Independent, open-minded, gay marriage supporting, CIO, NON-AP, former Marine mom to the only perfect child on Earth. Don't tell me how to raise my kid, and I won't tell you what's wrong with yours!

Earth-Angel
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I agree!

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

You are supposed to pull into the intersection and wait to turn. You will have to clear the intersection before the rest of the traffic can go. Had you done this, she would have been able to get around you and continue on.

If I had been behind you, I would have been pissed, too. I wouldn't have hollered at you, though.

Earth-Angel
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Didn't baby on board stickers go out in the 80's, I never knew ppl had them tthis day in age!

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:22 PM

The woman in the car behind you probably never had any children or else she would have been more understanding about your situation. Your children come first, as it should be to a mom.

bailey_rc
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Its not always possible to do this. If it is a T road there is no intersection to pull into

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

INTERESTED IN SAVING ON YOUR GROCERY BILL? LOVE COUPONING? JOIN US!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/102020

TLVS
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Actually, that is illegal.  You are not suppose to enter an intersection until you can turn without stopping.  Just because other people do it doesn't make it safe or legal.

4kidz916
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Good for you.  I'm glad to see there is someone else who puts their kids' safety before the importance of pleasing all the impatient drivers out there.  I don't care how mad I make the other drivers...my kids are the most important thing to me.  If I were to hastily pull out and have an accident, it would kill me to think I had caused something to hurt my kids.  And to those of you saying to pull into the intersection..that just sounds dangerous to me.  Maybe I'm not understanding exactly what you are meaning, but sitting in a busy intersection is not safe.  Now to the lady who was rude to you today....people like you make me sick, think of safety next time!!!

Josslynsmommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:27 PM

ooohhh no they still have them at Target and places like that. They have big shades for the back window too with big ol baby on board signs on them. I actually do like them..but unfortunately people don't bother to stop riding ur ass or cutting u off.

Off topic..but I want a bumper sticker that say "My child has more chromosomes than yours!". Just to make it funny but to also make it known that i have a special needs child in my car that couldn't afford to be injured in an accident.

Quoting Earth-Angel:

Didn't baby on board stickers go out in the 80's, I never knew ppl had them tthis day in age!

My name is Lindsey. I am a young single mother, teacher, advocate, best friend, support system, and everything else under the sun to my strong little girl, Josslyn Kate, diagnosed with a very rare auto immune disease, Autoimmune Lymphoproliferative Syndrome. She is my life and what I live for every second of every day.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/josslynfrost

Ixchel183
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:28 PM

i disagree with sitting in the intersection, people in my area do that a lot and if i'm the one driving the other direction i'm always scared they are going to hit me because they just keep inching forward in the middle of the intersection! plus if their light turns red while they are in the center then they don't have a choice but turn when the other traffic that now has a green light has to wait on them, unless i understood what you meant. that's the way i see it, i was taught to stop at the sign/light (the little white line) and wait your turn.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)