Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Man i feel awful

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:00 PM
  • 5 Replies

Well it all started with my husband having a cold then my daughter gets sick.She had strep throat and still has a runny nose and cough.My husband is still really sick...and i have caught it.

Its hard to get out of bed cause i feel so dizzy,i have had a fever of 102.5,my chest hurts and been coughing.Whenever i cough it kills my chest.I really feel like im going to die.Plus one min im hot the next freezing;(

I have been taking tylenol cold medicine but i dont think its working.Do you ladies know anything else thats good to get rid of colds?My poor daughter is still sick everyone in this house is sick.I just wanna get better so i can take care of my daughter.Its sooo hard just  to get out of bed

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Shanelby
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:06 PM

sweety it sound more like you caught the strep throat thats what i felt like when i caught it in may

iluvmylil1
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:12 PM

O man!! I have been trying so hard to not get my daughter worse from me but its hard when im a stay at home mom.I wash her hands like ever 10 min and spray the house with disinfect.She has been sick a little over a week now.Now im worse then everyone

Quoting Shanelby:

sweety it sound more like you caught the strep throat thats what i felt like when i caught it in may

zensister
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:18 PM

whenever i am sick i am try and drink as many liquids as i can. such as hot teas with honey or lemon, juice, water, beef or chicken broth. i also try and get outside once a day to breathe in the fresh air rather than sitting inside couped up in the house. you could also try motrin to rid your fever. i have used that a few times. if you don't get better i say go to the doc! hope you feel better

born again christian, expecting first child, young, happy, opinionated, perfectionist, beautiful disaster, going to breastfeed, country music lovin, organic food lover, married, mother.

Shanelby
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:19 PM

believe me i know it went around my whole family and i am prego so they were limited to what they could give me for it . the gave me penicilin to get rid of it come to find out i was allergic to it lol made it 10 times worse. but i would go get seen by a dr asap so it doesnt go around again

Quoting iluvmylil1:

O man!! I have been trying so hard to not get my daughter worse from me but its hard when im a stay at home mom.I wash her hands like ever 10 min and spray the house with disinfect.She has been sick a little over a week now.Now im worse then everyone

Quoting Shanelby:

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jul. 29, 2009 at 11:44 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

medical questions 
To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)