• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Progressive Auto Insurance?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:30 PM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question:

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

Woud you recommend them?? Any good or bad experiences??

Thanks!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Sweetestgirl79
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:35 PM

ok where to start lol..we had progressive for 10 years ..well hubby did and when we got married we kept it..well they wanted 1200 every 6 months for 2 cars one in washington state and one in maine..full cov. well i was trying to convince hubby to switch and fianally called geico and they gave us 600 every 6 months so WE changed ....they wouldnt even discount for hubby being with them for 10 years and didnt care we were leaving them

then last year hubby bought abrand new v-8 dodge dirango and i have my 2005 trailblazer...well geico wanted 900 every 6 months then,..so we called progressive again to see if they could do better and thet gave us 600 every 6 months not even telling them what we were paying...we went online and got a discount of 50 just for signing up online and then going peperless....try there web site...they will give you all the info....i like them so far and hubby liked them for the 10 years he was with them...they wil come to you and ck your car/truck if you get any damage or hit etc...

I GUess to it all depends on where you are located ....i would def call around and compare b4 you purchase....goodluck to you

SERIOUS about losing weight? ..regardless if you have just had a baby, ttc or your children have grown come join us and have fun, gain support and share tips and lose that weight or maintain your weight ...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

keri_d
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Yes, I would recommend them in a heartbeat! A few years ago I was in an accident. They came out the next day to check out my vehicle. As soon as the adjuster was done looking at my car they wrote a check for the cost of the repairs. They also added on so we could have it towed to the place of our choice so we didn't damage it any further (we didn't have the towing option added!). They rocked!

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:38 PM

I've been with them since I got married in 1993 and honestly I switched to Allstate one time for a lesser rate for about 6 months and it was a nightmare.  You can't beat the service and ease of use that Progressive has.  I'll never switch again unless someone offers it to me for free!!!

Earth-Angel
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:39 PM

I go through them. They are great and reasonable! JMO!

Mama2Joshy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:39 PM

ive had progressive for 4 years and love them. they fought for me when i got blamed for an accident that wasnt my fault and WON!!!!!!!

jazzyandpat
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:41 PM

i like my progressive.. in jan my dh was in a car rack. it was his falt and they still did a really good job with him.. we have a car full covage and a van just state min.. it is only costing us 75 dollars a month.. not sure what it is for 6 months.. my dh has a really shity driving trust me.. they are the cheepest for us.. when my dh did what he did in jan. they let us know what was going on with our car asap they had payed off our car with in days of it happening... plus they came to us we did have to meet them up the road a bit because my place is a lil hard to find i live out in bfe.. but that was no biggie for me to do..

brandithesuperm
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:46 PM

I had Progressive before..I liked it I never filed a claim on it or anything tho. But i switched because I was getting a better deal somewhere else.

MamiJaAyla
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Proggressive was the family ins. co. growing up and YUP I would recommend it.  They are RIGHT there after and accident and helpful, right on top of things. 

I had an accident on Christmas EVE and they were there I think it was that night  or maybe it was the next (it was over 10 years ago but I do remeber being SHOCKED that they came on Christmas.

Other accidents that have occured were handled just as quickly.

naughtyprincess
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Before NO I would not have recommended them.... For a 87 delta 88 ( just for me) they wanted 200 a month....I had no nothing on my record.... So I dropped them and went with a local insurance agent and I was only paying 45 a month... BIG DIFFERENCE... Well we got a different car... They quoted us 200 a month for FULL coverage we were so happy...  The first bill came...400 dollars... Yeah we dropped them and went back to our local agent... ( Farm Bureau) FULL coverage for me and SO was 150 a month....  Well when we went and got our van she had closed shop... We went ou tof town and went to an agent and we are with progressive 2 cars and 2 drivers ( I have a  few tickets in the last 3 years so) FULL coverage is 118 a month.... The van is a 2001 and the Jeep is an 87.... I have recomended them to a few friends and family members and they got great deals too... So it would depend.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)