Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question...

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:02 PM
  • 17 Replies
Does it look bad on a father who is getting ready to go to court for visitation when he hasn't made even one attempt to see his daughter in over 2 weeks?
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melissabilliot
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:03 PM

depends..two weeks isn't that long..do you already have a court order..has he gone against it...y hasnt he seen her...

Group Admin for Young Old School mamma's If your young and Like to keep the way you raise your kids old school then this group is for you...

exceptalilfish

it obviously doesnt look good. but i dont know how much it would effect the case.

southernjess3

does he have all contact numbers and addresses?

mysteriousmom06

I don't know, 2 weeks really isn't a long time. Now if it was like 2 months, I'd say definitely. But I'd say its up in the air at 2 weeks.

DomesticDoll
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:05 PM

depends on the situation, when that is brought up they will eventually ask him why....?? it depends if they have a legitimate reason ...

Leener3
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Depends. Has he been in the military stationed overseas?  Has he been denied visitation by the mother?  Has he been in prison? 

If he has been living his life day to day and just decided not to see his child for 2 years, then in my book, and if I were the judge, it would not be good for him.

Edit: Sorry misread 2 weeks as 2 years. Then answer is not great but depends on the circumstances.

LuvinMyRockstar
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:07 PM

well why couldn't he see her in those two weeks? what is his reason or excuse? a judge will ask that. and then decide from there.

isra1986
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Nope. 2 weeks isn't that long. And it depends on how hard the mom is making it for him to see her. If he gets visitation, it will mos likely be every other weekend (2 weeks) anyway.

StashiaWest03
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:13 PM
He lives ten minutes away. Knows I'm at my parents house and where it is. I've made so many attempts trying to get him to see her. I don't have his phone number but I've left my cell number on notes. Called his grandma. Even seen him Sunday and asked him when he was gonna get her and he wouldn't speak to me. The only stipulations I've put on him gettin her was I don't want him to keep her overnite if I don't have a contact number to get ahold of him
msmoody
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:15 PM

How soon is the court date? Maybe he was advised to wait until then...two weeks is nothing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)