Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

honest opinions piog

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:08 PM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: good enough?

Options:

yes

no

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

We have an art gallery which usually art by people who have already made names for themselves but twice a year they feature an exhibit for local artists. I do realize that it is a long shot but I am thinking about submitting a portfolio for consideration. I posted a while back some pictures from a technique that i just learned and i got some positive feedback. Well I am soo addicted I have taken hundreds of pictures Sooo anyway here are some examples of what I am talking about. They dont start taking portfolios until january so I am sure i will progress and come up with lots better shots by than.

sorry i added so many it's hard to choose my favorites

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jul. 29, 2009 at 11:57 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Photo Moms
To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 29, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Go for it, what's the worst they can say, NO???  You would be no worse off then you are now!!!  Live your dreams, they won't live for you!!!

andreaRC
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:00 PM

i like the tree, baby by the bike, and the potato ones the best! lol...and now im hungry for potatoes!

good luck, you have some really great photos!

allurasmamma
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:04 PM

I like your shots. I love the saddle and the boy by the bike. I say go for it. How long do we live out our dreams? We must forever. Good luck.

***   WHO'S WAR IS IT ANYWAY? ***

Kelli.and.Ellie
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:11 PM

a lot of them are very cute....but some arent the best.......mainly the ones with people in them, to me they really arent telling a story. 

my favs are either the saddle or the one with the old car

nursetina
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:15 PM

the baby by the bike, the saddle, the magnifying glass and the one with the old car, the camera and the tree are my favorites. The ones with the people in them weren't anything I would want to look at for me they didn't tell me anything. I would love to see more of your work! do you have a website where you post your stuff? You are def. talented!

Tina ~ proud mommy to

Alaina MacKenzie ~ 12/27/02

Alyssa Grace ~ 11/9/06

Jacob Scott ~ 9/9/08

nursetina
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:16 PM

oops sorry, I just realized it is a frying pan not a magnifying glass!

Tina ~ proud mommy to

Alaina MacKenzie ~ 12/27/02

Alyssa Grace ~ 11/9/06

Jacob Scott ~ 9/9/08

Scuba
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Some of the pics are very good - the camera and the saddle especially. Honestly, the others aren't anything real special to me (artistically speaking). BUT - art is subjective. There is no reason why you can't take your portfolio; you could end up being the next Ansel Adams! Best of luck.

- Scuba

"Never, Never, Never Quit" - Winston Churchill

mom2four1978
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:19 PM

I hope you don't mind my honest opinion. The still life ones are really good, the people ones are needing something.

I refuse to raise SHEEPLE. Instead, I prefer to raise INDEPENDANT, STRONG WILLED, BRAVE people.

youngmomma259
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:21 PM

What she said, i prefer the pictures without people in them.

Quoting nursetina:

the baby by the bike, the saddle, the magnifying glass and the one with the old car, the camera and the tree are my favorites. The ones with the people in them weren't anything I would want to look at for me they didn't tell me anything. I would love to see more of your work! do you have a website where you post your stuff? You are def. talented!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)