• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food ideas for toddlers?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:13 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi,

My daughter is 23 months old. She is not a meat lover and she is not crazy about a lot of veggies either. She eats carrots, green beans but she is already sick of them.

Any great ideas on what to prepare to get her eat more meat and more variety of veggies?

thanks,

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LuvinMyRockstar
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:16 PM

my son who is now 4 yrs old when he was just starting to eat solids he loved the following:

mashed up sweet potatoes

red potatoes mashed up

oranges

apples dipped in cream cheese

broccoli with melted cheese on top

crackers

cheerios

strawberries

celery with peanut butter and raisins on top

pizza rolls

toast with jam

really anything that was simple

sandyvanb
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Just keep trying, sometimes it takes a while for kids to develop a taste for something.  My son is almost three and he went through a phase where we couldn't get him to eat green beans or peas, he would just throw them off of his tray. Now he loves them and eats them first if we serve them for dinner.  Don't be too quick to say that a kid doesn't like a food, sometimes you just have to keep reintroducing it.  I know that it's frustrating but it will get better as long as you are consistent.  Good luck.

MiasMom2006natural.gif Natural Childbirth picture by sandyvanbrawisnercrunchy.gif Crunchy picture by sandyvanbDoula blinkie

There is simply too much information available to not do things my way.

UpNorthMom218
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:19 PM

My son is 2 and will eat just about anything that he can dip into something else!  Veggies into hummus or lite ranch dressing, fruit into carmel sauce, etc.  It might not be the best habit to get into, but it gets him to eat nearly everthing!

Lara
Mom of Seth

Happily working from home --join me!
www.workathomeunited.com/larap

Allebas
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:22 PM

My DD is 18-months-old. She is a pretty good eater. Let's see--we buy the packages of frozen bean and beef or bean and cheese burritos at the store. Microwave them then cut them into small pieces, let them cool of course, and then she feeds herself!! She LOVES EM!! She also likes chicken nuggets we buy at Costco. Microwave them, cut them into smaller pieces and she LOVES to feed herself! She ALSO LOVES yogurt!! Raspberry, blueberry, strawberry, peach. Of course, we feed her the yogurt, otherwise, it would be a BIG MESS!! She LOVES cheese pizza, macaroni and cheese, peeled, cut up apples, oranges, banana's, raspberries, grapes cut in half first, spaghetti, ravioli (cut into small pieces), with spaghetti sauce, tortellini with spaghetti sauce, refried beans, string cheese, raw baby carrots, corn, mashed potatoes with gravy and ground beef, rice with butter or a little bit of gravy on it, apple juice, milk, SOMETIMES she will eat scrambled eggs! She also LOVES pancakes.

As you can see, my DD LOVES FOOD!! LOL!! LOL!! Hope this list helps ya!! Good luck to ya!!

Chubbysmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Thanks for this. I actually tried that, but she just eats the ranch dressing and just keeps dipping for more ranch! :(

Quoting UpNorthMom218:

My son is 2 and will eat just about anything that he can dip into something else!  Veggies into hummus or lite ranch dressing, fruit into carmel sauce, etc.  It might not be the best habit to get into, but it gets him to eat nearly everthing!

mel808
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:23 PM
i couldn't get my son to eat a lot of meat either until he tried fish. he really likes breaded flounder. he will also eat anything that has an asian flare. he doesn't like white potatoes, but he likes sweet potatoes just about anyway i fix them. he likes to eat corn on the cob.
JCTVCBN
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Your daughter would be better off if she didn't consume meat.

For more info,read:

The China Study by T.Colin Campbell, PhD and Thomas M. Campbell II.

Here is a great site.

http://goneraw.com/

Allebas
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:11 AM

I almost forgot!! My DD also eats peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!! LOVES EM!!! She also eats chicken!!!--Like from KFC, or if we bake some chicken in the oven, she will eat that too!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)