• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you find this gross and annoying *quick read* edit in blue

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:14 PM
  • 40 Replies

so my childs first birthday passed..so we planned a party...my mother in law let her side know it was pot ,well after DHs uncles showed up two hours late,they decided to bring beer to the childrens part as a contribution..

pissed me off alot..really you are bringing beer to a day time,childrens affair really?

not so pissed they brought the drink,but more because they showed up two hours late,and grabbed their plates when we were singing and cutting cake,and basically ate and ran..

also earlier that day my mother caught DHs cousins daughter takign a bite of water melon and putting it back in the serving tray..i was annoyed told MIL to do something about that child and al my MIL told me was as she laughed mind you,she doesnt have germs its ok...

WTF?

im not mad at the 9 year old,more mad MIL didnt do anything..

so would any of this annoy you?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pisces_chick89
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:18 PM

bump

princessnyprnc1
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Eh probably not.  My husband has a few drinks during parties and kids will be kids.

mommasbois
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Umm, yes and I dont think I'd invite them next yr. I would conviently to forget to send out their invites.

MyndRayne
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:20 PM

hell yea, that would annoy me.

i'm a pro-life in most circumstances, co-sleeping, anti-cio, soon to be non-vaccinating, spanking, naked potty training, non-pill pushing, married young mommy to the most perfect kids anyone ever had. gotta problem with it, oh well i guess i'll just have to pull out my s&w .40 and shoot your ass. oh, and i also think that the war we're in is bullshit (but i still have respect for our men and women who serve).

LuvinMyRockstar
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:21 PM

not really no. the uncle bringing the beer as long as he didn't have it around the kids and drank it in a different area i wouldn't be mad.

and some kids don't really know any better, their parents don't raise them to have manners, so no the watermelon thing wouldn't bother me either.

haileysmom2833
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:21 PM

I wouldn't bother me.  We had beer at my daughter's first and second birthday parties.  I didn't drink, and rarely do anymore, but others do.  It isn't there for everyone to get shit faced, but I don't mind them drinking a beer.  Also, the little girl eating the watermelon, kids pick up more germs in the bathroom than they will from that little girl.  Take a break, and relax.  I know that parties are stressful, but it is over now.

chiquis
by Diamond Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Maybe the beer part, but unless I specifically asked people not to drink. But what the kid did ... not something I like. But wouldn't get mad or anything, it is after all JUST a child. 

pisces_chick89
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:23 PM

ell they popped open in the party room...

and its not the fact the 9 year old did it...its the fact that MIL wouldnt do shit

Quoting LuvinMyRockstar:

not really no. the uncle bringing the beer as long as he didn't have it around the kids and drank it in a different area i wouldn't be mad.

and some kids don't really know any better, their parents don't raise them to have manners, so no the watermelon thing wouldn't bother me either.

CeeGee81
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Nope not at all

newagemom700
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:24 PM

The kid taking a bite of watermelon and putting it back wouldnt really bother me, kids are kids...and it happens...you just take it out and throw it away or put it on a plate for them for later

The bringing drinks to a party were you had not intended there to be drinks would make me mad..... I personally had beer available at my son's birthday....but there wasnt enough for everyone to get trashed...it was casual drinking....BUT if i did not intend to have any adult drinks, and someone brought them, i would be upset!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)