• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nuva ring users, help!? TMI

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:20 PM
  • 12 Replies

So i started using nuva ring a month ago. I left it in for three weeks then took it out saturday night for the "period" week.  But i haven't started yet! I had my daughter 3 months ago and didn't start my period again before starting the nuva ring. so could my system just not be back on track yet or could i be pregnant? We also use condoms so i am thinking (and hoping) that its not pregnancy but i won't rule that out just yet. Also, i have to go to get my next nuva ring soon, can i store it in the fridge like the package says or do i wait til the day i am supposed to put it in and then go pick it up? thanks for any help ladies

Jess. Mommy to Vincent and Ember. Wife to Michael.

"Seeing the path and walking the path are two completely different things."

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ninjabear
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:30 PM

BUMP? anybody?

Jess. Mommy to Vincent and Ember. Wife to Michael.

"Seeing the path and walking the path are two completely different things."

StormiAnn
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:31 PM

I think pregnancy could be a real possibility. I HATED nuva ring, not how it felt but, the way it made my moods swing! I was a wicked ol witch on the nuva ring lol

You can go and get it, it can be stored at room tempature but, make sure it stays in the foil sealed packet until right before your ready to put it in.

I would also rule out pregnancy before you insert another ring! GL Mama!

StormiAnn
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Also, are you breastfeeding?

keanes_mommy
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:05 AM

I was on the nuva ring for almost 2 years. I loved it and will be going back on it after we concieve and have our second baby. You could be pregnant but it could easily be that your body isn't on track yet. Have you called and asked your doctor, and be sure to get tested before you put the new ring in. Also you can get your ring at anytime, I always got 3 months worth at a time, but be sure that they are put in the fridge! Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps!

armytoddler boyamerican flag ribbon

Daddy, Bubba, Mommy

Jademom07
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:10 AM

You can store it in the fridge...and you should have waited until you had a period to put it in just to get you body back on track.  However, since you have already started, i'd take a test and if it's negative, put the ring in when you are supposed to...just a word of caution, if you notice that after 6 months or so, that you don't have the urge to have sex, get off the ring...it killed my sex drive. 

SunshineSmiles
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:11 AM

ive been on the nuva ring for a while now.. pregnancy could be a possibility or it could just be you're off track. i would def. find out if you are preggo before putting another ring in.  when i take it out for that period week, i normally get my period on the 2nd day its out. my period was also steady before i started on the nuvaring.  i have to admit, the nuvaring really fks with my moods and makes me super bitch.. i only have 2 more left so after that, im done.  you can store it in your fridge but make sure to not open it until you are ready to put it in place.gl!

SunshineSmiles
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:12 AM

omg, thank you.  i just started noticing this.... how long after you got off did you go back to normal?

Quoting Jademom07:

You can store it in the fridge...and you should have waited until you had a period to put it in just to get you body back on track.  However, since you have already started, i'd take a test and if it's negative, put the ring in when you are supposed to...just a word of caution, if you notice that after 6 months or so, that you don't have the urge to have sex, get off the ring...it killed my sex drive. 

I_got_curves
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Ok, I've been through this before. I took it 4 months after i had my DD, at the time i had not gotten my first period after birth yet. My period came the day after i was to put in a new NV

SO i started it on a wed, took it out 3 weeks later on a Wed, went a week, and then put it in on the fallowing Wednesday, i then got my period the Thursday.

Jademom07
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:17 AM

1 week...I was in the shower and it was like "oh, my...where'd you come from"  it all came back.

Quoting SunshineSmiles:

omg, thank you.  i just started noticing this.... how long after you got off did you go back to normal?

Quoting Jademom07:

luv_my_xiya
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:20 AM

i wouldn't worry...when I first started using it, it would take like 5 days for it to come on...your cycle is just off track, it will take a while to get it to where your period will come on the day after you take it out...and yes, store it in the fridge

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)