• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG.....IM SO SICK OF THIS *VENT*

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:33 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am so tired of people asking me "baby here yet"

NO

"have you popped that kid out yet"

NO!

"arent you a little young to be having a baby?"

ARENT YOU A LITTLE NOSEY?

grrrrrrrrr

when this baby comes i will LET YOU KNOW......

DONT refer to my BABY as THAT KID.

my BABY is not an it, that, or thing. thank you.

sorry about the vent guys :D just letting off some steam? anyone else hate this or have this happen when they were pregnant?

pregnant

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissJennJenn
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:38 PM

bump.

pregnant

mdwright4
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:41 PM

lol everyone has been really nice to me but just any question at all annoys me. EVERYONE says "oh you're not that big" uh ok... That's not even mean and it just flat out annoys me! lol

RmeWifey01
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:42 PM

That part will be over soon enough, then it's all about the baby and not you. You won't get any attention. People will try to touch and hold and poke the baby. They will ogle him/her, and oooh and ahhhh over them. You will want to break their fingers off (at least the strangers who try and touch!). It will not be over until baby is no longer a baby.  Sorry! Vent away!

FDNYwife
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:43 PM

I hear ya, experienced it three times and two of them were overdue!  Can you imagine the phone calls!  I wanted to leave a message on my machine - NO I DIDNT HAVE THE BABY YET, If you have called to talk to me about something OTHER then my pregnancy leave a message and Ill call you back ROTFL

mommaroach
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:45 PM

People did it all the time, it is their way of being involved, albeit very annoying! I used to grab my big belly and say "It's happening now!" Then I'd laugh. I was hoping the cry wolf thing would make them back off.

Regarding calling your baby "it", that is because they either don't know or can't remember what sex your baby is. (This is sarcasm) It is really difficult for the general population to say a complete sentence such as, "When is your baby due?" "Are you excited about your baby?""Are you ready for your baby?".

Good luck, and all of this will be forgotten when you're cuddling your little "it"!

wink mini

MarineWife1108
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:51 PM

So far, nope. One of my best friends asked today after I texted him as well as everybody else in my phone that we found out she's a girl, "So, when do you pop?". But, I don't mind when friends or family joke around like that. Now, if a stranger came up and said something like that, I would probably take offense. Some people think that's weird but, unless I know you, if you say the exact same thing the exact same way as a friend or family member, it could make me mad rather than make me laugh. Although it does get kind of frustrating when the same person keeps asking the same question like when am I due. My husband knows it pisses me off beyond belief when I keep getting asked the same question over and over. I haven't really snapped at anybody else.

4kidz916
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:56 PM

I was 20 when I had my first child.  When I started to show, almost daily I heard "You're too young to be pregnant, what are you about 16".  It drove me nuts.  Just hang in there --it'll be over soon and you'll have your precious little one to make it all perfect.

celticreverie
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:58 PM

I was actually asked "so when are they inducing you" because I was 2 days past my due date. I proudly went to 40w6days lol. :) It get's old fast.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Nursing at keyboard.. Please excuse my typos Pictures, Images and Photos

MissJennJenn
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:03 PM

ugh this one really annoys me....im 23 years old and married.....i can see how to some thats young....but GEEZ ITS CALLED MYOB!

some people just dont know....lol

i cant wait till my DD arrives.

Quoting 4kidz916:

I was 20 when I had my first child.  When I started to show, almost daily I heard "You're too young to be pregnant, what are you about 16".  It drove me nuts.  Just hang in there --it'll be over soon and you'll have your precious little one to make it all perfect.

pregnant

cheyeone
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:04 PM

it's soooo annoying but take heart that part will be over soon...

as far as the "that kid" part my dd is 1 month old and her "father: (and I use the term loosely) still calls her "the kid" even though I tell him "her NAME is Dani!!!"

Quoting MissJennJenn:

I am so tired of people asking me "baby here yet"

NO

"have you popped that kid out yet"

NO!

"arent you a little young to be having a baby?"

ARENT YOU A LITTLE NOSEY?

grrrrrrrrr

when this baby comes i will LET YOU KNOW......

DONT refer to my BABY as THAT KID.

my BABY is not an it, that, or thing. thank you.

sorry about the vent guys :D just letting off some steam? anyone else hate this or have this happen when they were pregnant?

Most days I'm Mom the rest of them I'm just plain nuts!!!

My girls Angel 13, Bella 6, and Dani (6/25/09)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)