Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This hit alittle to close to home

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:44 PM
  • 4 Replies

So we all know about the the swine flu. I wasnt to concered about it b/c it hadnt reached my area (west palm beach) well then it did and then there was a death in west palm from it. so it made me alittle uneasy but i still went on with my life like normal.
well today my mother gets a phone call from one her her clients (she a nail tech) who tells her she wont be able to make her app. tomorrow because her and her whole family are in quaretine(sp?) b/c they have swine flu!!

It's been confrimed through the hospital that yes they do have it. The whole family is on specail anitobioctics to help treat this. Well further investication of this family showed that the carrier was the 3 yr. grandaughter. Her mother (my mom's clients daughter) thinks she may have gotten it from her daycare.
So please everyone this thing is getting closer to all of us jsut be careful with your children expecailly.

"Studies are ongoing about how this particular swine flu is transmitted. Flu is generally transmitted through the respiratory tract. Droplets of infected body fluids may carry flu when people cough or sneeze."

Symtoms:
"About one to four days usually elapse between the time a person is infected and the onset of symptoms. Influenza normally causes symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, headaches and body aches, fever, chills, and sometimes vomiting and diarrhea. Swine flu causes the same symptoms, and may be difficult to distinguish from other strains of flu and respiratory illnesses. Severe cases of flu that lead to death are normally seen in very young and very old people whose immune systems are too weak to fight off the virus. Adults with severe illness may also have difficulty breathing, dizziness, confusion, or severe vomiting and diarrhea. "

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sherry132
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Did you hear that everyone who gets the flu shot this year will need a total of four shots. That's crazy. I don't know. My kids are not in daycare anymore. But I am trying to get a job where I will be working with the public. Dh works with a lot of people. The kids go to school. It's scary. The flu can easily kill me because I have severe respiratory problems. Which means I am getting a total of 8  shots this year to avoid getting sick. (I have to get four other shots for health reasons.)

stefvan
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:50 PM

I can get even closer to home - my dd has the flu.  Where waiting on verification of what kind but she was exposed to swine flu last week.  We're all on Tamiflu, there isn't an antibiotic for it.   

masonsmommii
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:54 PM

he swine flus still going around? i havent heard anything about this in months!

luvbeinamommy68
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:57 PM

yes it is scary! i have two little ones and im pregnant. i will be in my 3rd trimester this flu season!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)