Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

More to Love

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:53 PM
  • 16 Replies

I don't know how much tv you ladies watch, but I just watched the new show "More to Love" - which is a form of "The Bachelor" but for overweight people. I like the idea of the show because us overweight people need love too. But I personally think this show and the original bachelor/bachelorette shows are kind of pathetic. Everyone seems so desperate, is it just me? It's almost hard to watch! But I am grateful for this new one, because after I watched it I ran on my eliptical for 30 minutes - best workout I've had in a week! LOL! Just thought I would share my two cents.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isra1986
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:56 PM

I think all women on these "dating" shows are desperate, no matter what their dres size.
I don't like the show, don't watch it. It shows that bigger girls can be just a sdesperate and have just as low a self esteem as smaller girls.

Datina
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:00 PM

I watched it. What irritated me most about it is that most of the women blames EVERYTHING that's gone wrong in their lives on their weight. I'm a girl who has had my fair share of weight issues. Everything from under weight ot overweight. Currently, I'm overweight... but I'm working on it. I go to the gym every day. I bust my ass. Its not easy. Its really freaking hard.... but I do it for myself, my son and my health. I've lost 20 pounds in the last 2 months and I'm SO very proud of that.  

Now I KNOW there are health issues that can prevent people from losing weight. There are health issues that make you overweight and you can't do anything about it. But I HIGHLY doubt that is the reason every sinclg one of these women are "plus size". I don't like how all the women whine and cry "I've never been on a date because I'm FAT!" - "This is my last chance at love because I'm FAT!"

Maybe its jsut me.... but, honestly, I feel like 90% of them were making excuses for being lazy.  

CarterMommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:05 PM

i didn't watch it,but i don't really watch the other dating shows either...

i don't really care about who is or isn't overweight or average or whatever but i am a real woman and just because i don't wear the "average size" for american woman and am smaller it bothers me that they say smaller sizes aren't real women or aren't normal... sorry that just has been bothering me on every commercial for that show

Lilypie

Lilypie

Lilypie
bean06162004
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:06 PM

I would have to agree! I have always been overweight, I got at my heaviest 2 years ago. I have been working on it and lost a lot of weight, but still have a lot to lose to get to my goal. But it does seem like these women were using their weight as a crutch. Just because you're overweight doesn't mean you can't be happy. My motto when it comes to my weight is "love it or lose it". You either have to learn to love yourself the way you are, or change...easy as that.

bean06162004
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:08 PM

That's just a saying a lot of us overweight women tell ourselves as justifcation of being overweight...

Quoting CarterMommy:

i don't really care about who is or isn't overweight or average or whatever but i am a real woman and just because i don't wear the "average size" for american woman and am smaller it bothers me that they say smaller sizes aren't real women or aren't normal... sorry that just has been bothering me on every commercial for that show

isra1986
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Exactly! I am a chubby girl, and I never dated by choice, but I had my fair share of guys interested! And my DH doesn't love me any less because I am bigger. He loves my body. I have a thyroid problems, so I yo-yo. I am at one of my bigger points right now, but he finds me just as attractive as when I am at my lower points :)

Quoting Datina:

I watched it. What irritated me most about it is that most of the women blames EVERYTHING that's gone wrong in their lives on their weight. I'm a girl who has had my fair share of weight issues. Everything from under weight ot overweight. Currently, I'm overweight... but I'm working on it. I go to the gym every day. I bust my ass. Its not easy. Its really freaking hard.... but I do it for myself, my son and my health. I've lost 20 pounds in the last 2 months and I'm SO very proud of that.  

Now I KNOW there are health issues that can prevent people from losing weight. There are health issues that make you overweight and you can't do anything about it. But I HIGHLY doubt that is the reason every sinclg one of these women are "plus size". I don't like how all the women whine and cry "I've never been on a date because I'm FAT!" - "This is my last chance at love because I'm FAT!"

Maybe its jsut me.... but, honestly, I feel like 90% of them were making excuses for being lazy.  

Alison_C
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:10 PM

OMG, I saw that and I got so pissed when one of them says she's happy the guy wants to be with a "normal woman." You can be proud of your body without trying to put everyone else down.

CarterMommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:10 PM

yeah just irritates me to no end for some reason lol i think it's also because when i tell people on CM what size i wear (well what i wore before this last pregnancy) they assume i'm either sick or lying grrrr so i get kinda defensive i think sometimes

Quoting bean06162004:

That's just a saying a lot of us overweight women tell ourselves as justifcation of being overweight...

Quoting CarterMommy:

Lilypie

Lilypie

Lilypie
isra1986
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Agreed! Normal is different for each person! My normal happens to be on the bigger size, but my sisters normal has never been bigger than a size 2. We both have thyroid issues, mine Hypo, hers hyper. She isn't less of a woman because she can't gain, and I am not less of one because I keep gaining!

Quoting CarterMommy:

MarineWife1108
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Quoting CarterMommy:

I'm not the average size either and am smaller as well but, I did like seeing them make that show because they are right, all they have is smaller women on tv. They rarely ever have bigger women on there or women who have flaws. It always makes me so mad that they have all these skinnyperfect women on tv when barely any of the population is actually that skinny and perfect. I think it has alot to do with women's self esteem issues. All women ever see are those perfect women and, it sucks knowing you're not perfect and never will be. So, I, personally, am glad they made that show. Although, I was also glad when Dove made the commercial with bigger women as well. The media needs to drop this image o f the perfect women because there are very few that exist. No, I'm not ugly. No, I'm not fat. Well, I'm pregnant and gaining at the moment but anyways. While I'm not ugly or fat, I am also not beautiful and I am not skinny. I am not perfect so, I like seeing women who aren't perfect or fit the mold the media has created on tv.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)