Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heroin addicts just moved into my apartment building. Opinions on it too... if you want.

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:18 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm really pissed off about this.

Here's why:

I live in a tiny 1 bedroom apartment, and we pay our rent on time(usually 2 weeks early). So here is what's going on. On the third floor of our building a lady just moved out of a 2 bedroom... like 2 months ago. My fiance called and asked if we could have it, since our baby is almost 1 and it's time he has his own room. The office peole said,no that lady didn't move out and it would be 3-6 months before a 2 br was available. Thats crap, I watched her move out. NOW here is the part that really gets me:

They rented to heroin addicts. The night they moved in the cops were called. We were sitting outside, this lady was passed out in a U-Haul with a lit cigarette and her 4 yr old in the seat sleeping. The cops found heroin on her that night, they cuffed her, put her in the car, took her kid away, and then after sitting cuffed in the car for 2 hours they let her go. Then her retard husband came down, and pulled out his needle out for everyone to see.

They wouldn't rent the apartment to us but let freakin drug addicts in, good f*ing job. AND IT WASN'T 3-6 MONTHS! IT WAS 2!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lalala09
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:21 PM

That is ridiculous!!!! Is there any higher up manager/owner that you could talk to??? Most apartment complexes don't like drug dealers in their buildings cos it gives them a bad rep.

myouroboros
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Maybe you could be a good influence on them? Find a way to turn it into a positive.

JaylensMommy807
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:27 PM

I would talk to the managers - tell them the situation - and tell them that if this is the reputation that they are going to acquire then you can find another apartment building to live in - but if that is not an option - then just talk to them and tell them what is going on and keep an eye on the situation yourself - when you see something like this going on - report it either to the office or the police.  Tell them what an unsafe situation it is to have a heroin addict in the appts not only for you but for everyone else!  I cant believe that they have a child as well - what if that little girl gets stuck by one of those needles>  omg I dont even want to think about that - more or less it being in the trash when they take the trash out it falling out for other people to get hurt with.  Wow - I am sorry that you are going thorugh this - the best thing would be to find another place.  I hope things work out for you and your family.

OwensMama824
by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Only 3 people are concerned about addicts? I was looking for some awesome advice maybe (#3 was pretty good though).

Shanelby
by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 11:53 PM

we had a similar situtaion had to us except we werent tryin to get into another place...we had to keep an sign for obvisouse addict use ( me and hubby are very aware cuz both our parents are recoverin drug addicts) and we would call the cops everytime something was suspicouse. like one night we herd a guy out there with young kids and a blow torch goin, we called the cops tellin them they were ther in 5 min they even sent cops over the fence ..this guy was a wack job we found him lookin in our kids bedroom window..we had to put a padlock on our breaker box cut they kept switching it.. finally it was enough to have the manager to have them move after a few times.... all i can say is if you take this aproach it can get ugly..... we never flet in danger of our life  but the tires on my car did get slashed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)