Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever vandalized someone else's property?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:32 PM
  • 11 Replies

I'm not talking about an exboyfriend that cheated on you so you did it to be get back at them.

I'm talking about just some random person. Maybe you saw an emblem on their car you wanted for your collection, or decided just for fun to key it. Maybe you had a can of spray paint and just decided to waste it on someones fence?

I think what I'm really trying to figure out is why? I don't quite understand why people get a kick out of ruining someone else's property and having them pay money, time and energy to fix it? What makes people think it's all fun and games?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetCandyGirl
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Have you ever vandalized someone else's property? yes but not in many years

I'm not talking about an exboyfriend that cheated on you so you did it to be get back at them. no it wasn't an ex bf/so/hubby

I'm talking about just some random person. Maybe you saw an emblem on their car you wanted for your collection, or decided just for fun to key it. Maybe you had a can of spray paint and just decided to waste it on someones fence?no that doesnt apply to me, i wouldnt do that to a person i had no reason to do it to. I am a better person then that.

I think what I'm really trying to figure out is why? I don't quite understand why people get a kick out of ruining someone else's property and having them pay money, time and energy to fix it? What makes people think it's all fun and games?I also am interested in the answers to that type of ignorance.

isra1986
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Nope. I wouldn't do that. I have had my property vandalized many times though. Not fun!

Dylansmom32509
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:38 PM

We toilet papered my uncles house before. Its something we do randomly in my family. I have never done that to a stranger though.

ccnstanczak
by Save Humanity! on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:40 PM

no but my property has been.

when i was 16/17 some b*&^tch spray painted "FUCK YOU" on the back windshield of my car while i was at my boyfriends house.

i had to drive it home 15 miles away (after making a police report). I couldnt prove it was her though.

while driving home, people were honking at me and giving me the finger. MY dad was uber pissed. We spent an entire day scraping that paint off.

Now, some of the kids in the neighbor hood next over, stole our solar lights and our candy canes at Christmas time. DUH it snowed and my dh tracked thier ass right back to their home. The neighbor kid was playing in our backyard and broke our window and didnt tell us. I know he was back there, then i heard something break and i checked the window and it was broken. He says he didnt do it. What ever.

clovismommy25
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Quoting EmmysMom85:

I'm not talking about an exboyfriend that cheated on you so you did it to be get back at them. I spray painted the word cunt on this girls garage door one time! She deserved worse.

I'm talking about just some random person. Maybe you saw an emblem on their car you wanted for your collection, or decided just for fun to key it. Maybe you had a can of spray paint and just decided to waste it on someones fence?

I think what I'm really trying to figure out is why? I don't quite understand why people get a kick out of ruining someone else's property and having them pay money, time and energy to fix it? What makes people think it's all fun and games?

I have stolen magnet bumper stickers and one night in HS, DH and I , with a bunch of friends ran around town all night and stole ALL of the red chili pepper things we could find! The next morning his mom got in her car and they were still there. She was PISSED!! Not the smartest thing we could have done, but at the time it was fun. I would never do that kind of thing again and my kids will never know until they are grown.

I am Magen,  a 21 year old, former teen mommy with two children(Amon and Ryan),married to(Dustin) the father of both my children,high school graduate, exclusively & extended public breastfeeding (with no cover), baby wearing, co-sleeping, CIO is cruel, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, vaccinating, circumcising, thumb sucking encouraging, disposable diaper using, lets my kids trash the house, then picks it up for them, going to public school, doesn't force church but believes in God, goes to bed angry, does not fold laundry, loves to organize, listen to heavy metal and country, reads constantly, plays world of war craft with my husband, pro-life, child abuse survivor(NOT victim), republican, soon-to-be home owning, living my American dream, stay at home mommy!

clovismommy25
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:05 AM

We used to flamingo people's yards and make them pay up before we would remove them, it was a fund raiser for our youth group. It was a BLAST. We got Father Parkers yard, he didn't think it was funny, lol, but after we removed them, he laughed(he paid $50 to have them moved!) The person that was just flamingo-ed gets to pick the next yard, it went on for a couples years.

3earthangels
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Well, back when I was 18 I stole over 200 of those signs for the local elections. I t was for a radio contest.....  Other than that, and unless you consider pool hopping vandalism, no.

We have had our home & car vandilised several times though. I had to drive our old van around with "Go home wetback!" spray painted on both sides for 2 days. We also had our tires slashed, home windows broken, and a dead cat on our porch. Thank goodness we moved from that neighborhood!!!

The US Immigration Support Group - We know it's a hard process. We're here to listen, offer a shoulder to cry on, and a helping hand.

Cait5156
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:16 AM

i cant remember why but back in the day my SIL decided we needed to vaseline somebody's car she was having problems with. Proved to be impossible when we realized they parked in the garage and her dad was a cop. So walking back to our car we found a buddys car I worked with and thought it'd be hilarious to get him instead. With vaseline, it keeps your windows shiny and impossible to see out of unless you clean it with boiling hot water. Quite a mess and pain in the butt. Well very surprised to see my buddy at work the next day with no damage, apparently it wasn't his car at all, just someone with similar bumper stickers. I felt like such an ass but it was pretty funny at the time

cjsmom0206
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Nope, never. The closest I've come is I was a hockey cheerleader in highschool. We always hung house signs up for ever hockey game, but if we were playing the cross town rivals we would actually spray paint the snow :)  No damage, though.

Shiiloe
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:23 AM

I don't get it either.  I don't understand people who create computer viruses.  I don't understand people who slow down when they are crossing the street specifically to make the cars have to stop. I don't understand any of these behaviors.

I did, however, get my brother-in-laws spare keys one time and move his car to a different part of the parking lot so he would think his car was stolen.  My sister and I got a good giggle out of that one  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)