Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother eats 3 week old brain..!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:45 PM
  • 38 Replies
Officers called to the home early Sunday found the boy's mother, Otty Sanchez, sitting on the couch with a self-inflicted wound to her chest and her throat partially slashed, screaming "I killed my baby! I killed my baby!" police said. She told officers the devil made her do it, police said.
Sanchez, 33, apparently ate the child's brain and some other body parts before stabbing herself, McManus said.
"It's too heinous for me to describe it any further," McManus told reporters.
Sanchez is charged with capital murder in the death of her son, Scott Wesley Buccholtz-Sanchez. She was being treated Monday at a hospital, and was being held on $1 million bail.
The slaying occurred a week after the child's father moved out, McManus said. Otty Sanchez's sister and her sister's two children, ages 5 and 7, were in the house, but none were harmed.
Police said Sanchez did not have an attorney, and they declined to identify family members.
No one answered the door Monday at Sanchez's home, where the blinds were shut. A hopscotch pattern and red hearts were drawn on the walk leading up to the house.
Sanchez's aunt, Gloria Sanchez, said her niece had been "in and out" of a psychiatric ward but did not say where she was treated or why. She said a hospital called several months ago to check up on her.
"Otty didn't mean to do that. She was not in her right mind," a sobbing Gloria Sanchez told The Associated Press on Monday by phone. She said her family was devastated.
Investigators are looking into Sanchez's mental health history to see if there was anything "significant," and whether postpartum difficulties could have factored into the attack, McManus said.
Postpartum depression and psychosis have been cited as contributing factors in several other cases in Texas in recent years in which mothers killed their children.
Andrea Yates drowned her five children in her Houston-area home 2001, saying she believed Satan was inside her and trying to save them from hell. Her attorneys said she had been suffering from severe postpartum psychosis, and a jury found Yates not guilty by reason of insanity in 2006.

AOL is where I got it from.
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
youngmum1234
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:49 PM

OMG!!! This made me cry and i didnt even get threw the whole thing...WTH!! What kind of mother does that type of crap!!!!!! That just makes me sick to my stomach!!! That poor Helpless little baby. R.I.P little angel. I hope that mother burns in hell.

WhiteTigerLily
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:52 PM

THIS =(

Quoting youngmum1234:

OMG!!! This made me cry and i didnt even get threw the whole thing...WTH!! What kind of mother does that type of crap!!!!!! That just makes me sick to my stomach!!! That poor Helpless little baby. R.I.P little angel. I hope that mother burns in hell.

SylviaNCali
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:59 PM

This is so sad. My heart goes out to the poor baby. This is why people need to be evaluated before they have kids. You never know who can do this.  

miss_milf
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:32 AM

sick sad and unbelivable..that poor innocent precious new little bundle of joy.....last semester in my english class everyone was required to research the yates case and i think its wrong that she got away with murdering her own 5 children and that she continued to have children even though she had many warning sgins....it could have been prevented...if youve been in the looney bin you should be watched closly or maybe not released....just my opion

Tygermommanikki
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:39 AM

THis is the beautiful baby and the monster that killed and mulitated him.

http://www.dreamindemon.com/2009/07/26/the-devil-made-otty-sanchez-kill-her-baby/

http://newsok.com/woman-accused-of-killing-newborn-ate-brain-san-antonio-police-say/article/3388353

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090728/ap_on_re_us/us_baby_decapitated
    Here’s her ugly mugshot..
    They are blaming postpartum psychosis…..
    And once again a evil psychotic bitch claims a “mental health illness to “explain why she’s evil and psychotic and ate her own beautiful baby. She’s beyond repair do us tax payers a favor put her in general pop and announce what she did then disappear for a smoke break… the other prisoners will save us from feeding and providing for her when she failed to do even that little for her miracle.

• Mommanikki
    3:21 pm on July 28th, 2009

Quote:News Artice

She moved out of the couple’s shared home July 20. On Saturday, she showed up to see Buchholz at his parents’ house. She became agitated when he told her he needed a copy of the baby’s birth certificate and Social Security card, Buchholz said.

Sanchez ran out of the home with her son in a car seat, threw the car seat into the front passenger seat of her car and sped away without buckling him in, the San Antonio Express-News reported. She left behind a diaper bag, her purse and her medication.

SHE left the dad not the other way around… WHY WHY WHY wasn’t she being monitored by Children’s Services???? With Previous stints in a mental hospital and if her family was SO concerned with her mental health WHY didn’t they take the baby away and get her help????? And WTH was the family members in the house doing that they didn’t know that baby was being harmed! Why did it take gma coming over to report the crime?????

• I live here in Southren Texas and I am sickened and saddened by this tradgey! Her family is pour out their support for her since she is SO mentally ill, It disgusts me they weren't there for that innocent baby!!! Oh And I can post the opinion of Mommanikki as that is my Dreamindemon.com persona

I am Tygermommanikki. A 27 year old happily married woman. I have two beautiful special needs sons and one baby watching me from heaven. I am not one who can summarize my parenting style or myslef in a paragraph so if you really wanna know me introduce yourself and we will see where it goes. And if you don't the "paragraph siggy's" why again are you reading this?

LeslieSS
    by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:42 AM

I read about this earlier and think I was throwing up and crying at the same time? Mental illness or not, I don't understand how someone can do this.

mommy_of_2_babi
    by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:46 AM

SO SAD I HOPE SHE BURNS FOR THAT ITS DISGUSTING POOR BABY R.I.P PRECIOUS LITTLE ANGEL

I seen this on the news yesterday

steph2884
    by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:54 AM

I've heard some about it, and don't even want to read the article. I'm sure the women in prison will take care of her... there are just some things you don't do, this would be one of them. I'm sure she has a special spot waiting in hell for her... will most likely go through what she put her baby through over and over and over again...

crystalclark
    by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:58 AM

Quoting youngmum1234:

I sooo agree!!! This woman needs to burn!!! Also, I am really hoping that she doesnt get off on an insanity plea to me that is a cop out! She still murdered her child, she needs to be sentanced to death!

CafeMom Tickers
    Mrs.Wasson
    by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:03 AM

I've read this 3 times now on a couple of different posts and it still makes me sick. I hope that woman goes through what she put her baby through.

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)