Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kids b-day party help

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

so my kids b-days are 9days apart and im not to big on the 1party for both of them but i wanted to try and find away to have them have there own party but the only problem is my family lives in ohio and we live in nj so they cant really make 2 trips in 9 days so i thought about having say my dd's on a Saturday and my sons on a Sunday the next day.does anyone else have there kids b-day close and how do you do parties and if not do you have any ideas on what i can do?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Sorry my kids birthdays are six months apart so it is just about perfet for us.

But my cousin has 4 kids. Two of them were born in June about 14 days apart. And the other 2 in October 3 days apart. She usually has the parties together. One year she wanted to give the Oct. kids seperate parties (well it was the one's first birthday so she wanted it to be special) One idea was to some how transition the party from one theme to another and have two seperate parties back to back. You could also do one for a lunch party and the other a dinner party. I don't think it would be a problem doing it on Sat/Sun either--just ask your family ahead of time if that would work for them. There is many different options and I am sure you will find what works the best.

by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 7:39 AM

My daughter's birthday is five days before Christmas.  My birthday is a week after my brother's birthday.  Growing up, my parents separated the birthdays.  I think it's a good idea to have them a day apart.  Decorate one completely for one child and at the end of the day (I know this is a lot to do), take them down. The next morning, decorate entirely for the next child.  This, I think, shows the children you individually value their birthdays.  I work with someone who is a twin and also has a brother and sister set of twins - all with the same birthday (can you believe that??).  She's told me it's not really her birthday, it's all of theirs.  I think it bothers her that she can't have her own day.  So, I would definitely separate their birthdays.

Loving Mom of One DS, DD and One SS
Fortunate enough to have a wonderful, caring and loving husband

by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 8:16 AM

oh my!

Well my kids aren't kids anymore ages 21, 19, 17 at the present time. We have birthdays about three weeks apart here on the younger two plus then a jump of a couple months till the oldest has a birthday. The season as we call it starts in August with my DH who is turning 43 on the 2nd and then my baby turning 18 on the 28th, then DD on the 18th of September, then finally oldest son November 13th and then  its full steam ahead to Christmas. We have not had the issue of big party plans when they were growing up seeing we lived far from the relatives. I guess you could do a combo party and then maybe have a special outing on their special day just with the in house family unit. The combo party needs to be on a day that is neither one of their birthdays by the way. That kind of picking one day over the other will come back and bite you later with the kids if you do that. I hope you have as much fun with the parties as we have had here. We have done "A Day in Paris" for my daugther on her 18th! Treasure Hunt all over town for my son's *youngest 16th! Drum cake and Movie Studio Grill for my oldest, Disco Snowman Party! The party theme list is endless. My best surprise was for my husband's 40th the Hawaiian Laua! it was so fun to see his face on that one! The pictures were priceless as well. We had a hula contest with judges and my oldest son's band played at the party! We had a blast! Good luck with your party or parties! I love to plan them!

Just Carol

by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 8:29 AM

my sister has this "problem" her kids are 3 weeks apart in date (4 years apart tho).  She has a party for each as they like to choose the "theme".  having one on Sat. and one on Sun. sounds good to me.  They will still have their own party and relat. will still be able to attend! 

by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 8:34 AM

i was just at a party where they did a carnovale theme. it was lots of fun. so do like pretzels. lemonade, nachos, hot dogs and let the kids do the stands. the games we had the kids do those also and let them hand out tickets but they dont win a prize every time. but at the end of the party who ever has the most tickets gets a prize plus every one gets a grab bag.

I hope this helps any questions feel free to ask. thank kim.

Mckenzie& Kaydencetwin girls

by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Um, i have no choice but to do there birthdays together. They are two days apart. (2 yrs 2dys)

Growing up my sisters was july 17th mine is the 20th and my brothers was the 26th (my ex- stepdads wa the 18th) and we all ways had one together after the big one. But my boys will have to settle for it together cause im not made of money.. i have an 80$ limit on cake (foodstamps) (boyfriends layedoff had to get some help) and they get a 20$ present and some little things. we get 1000$ a month to live on (unemployment) so its hard to do what i wanted. As is my moms buying the plates and other little things that are needed. Oh and im getting a pinita.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)