Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Drinking alcohol after gallbladder removal..

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2009 at 9:18 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ever since I've had my gallbladder taken out, and even a little before (when I had gallstones - before I knew what they were) every time I drink a decent amount of alcohol - not even enough to get drunk, mind you - I feel awful the next day.  I feel dizzy, nauseated, no appetite, I get the shakes, etc. 

Anyone else notice this?  I use to be fine the day after drinking, but ever since I had my son and gotten gall stones I've been all screwed up...

Blame Straight People   prochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmendefault.jpg leagalize dont pentalize marijuana image by earlsworld70117

by on Aug. 9, 2009 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jillbailey26
by on Aug. 9, 2009 at 9:20 PM

It was one of my main reasons to stop drinking.  It was like an ultimate hangover.

I miss my gall bladder, lol.  Not because I can't drink, but for SO many other things.

*God may delay, but is never departed*

refinada_20
by on Aug. 9, 2009 at 9:20 PM

I don't have any problems and I had mine taken out last year.  One thing though, I do get a pain where my gallbladder used to be the day after heavy drinking. 

3earthangels
by on Aug. 9, 2009 at 9:22 PM

I noticed that now after even 1 drink I get diarrhea like crazy! That never use to happen.

The US Immigration Support Group - We know it's hard. We'll give you a shoulder to cry on, friends to laugh with, and a helping hand.

tob278
by on Aug. 9, 2009 at 9:34 PM

I was 4 months pregnant with my 10 yr old daughter when my gallbladder was out. I to this day still have problems. I can have very little dairy, almost nothing with any kind of fat. I also suffer from as gross  it sounds and I am sorry for it Dumping Snydrome. It rules my life at times. But drinking I have no idea I don't drink much at all if at all sorry. You should look up the functions of the gallbladder it is like the on/off valve of the vile after your gallbladder is removed you have no control over that it is constant drip of vile going into your stomach it also effects the way you digest dairy and fats.  I hope this helped a little

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN