Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many husbands do this

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:15 AM
  • 30 Replies

I was just curious how many of ur husbands help cook, clean, change diapers, bathe the kids, etc..... I am probably one of the few who's husbands dont... He really pissed me off today I asked him to make a bottle for our son and he made the comment he was off work and i wasnt.. I told him f**k you buddy...... He does nothing to help me around the house nor does he help me with our 8 month old.. He will however help with the 4 year old... He kept our kids the other night while I went to see Tracy Byrd in concert and all my baby did was scream and cry....

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
averiensmommy07
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Im sorry hun!

I guess i got lucky, my husband does ALOT when he's home! When he is here, he works all day and still comes home and demands I relax lol so he can clean and cook. 

Michelle2080
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:17 AM

He sometimes cooks..if it is on the grill mostly. He will help clean, he did the dishwasher stuff and vacuumed when he got home. He has no problem diapering the kiddos and he doesn't mind bathing after they are infants, lol. 

luv2wahm
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:17 AM

My husband will do absolutely anything around the house and for the kids that needs to be done...even when I was a SAHM..he would help clean, take care of the kids, change a diaper..etc.

That is one thing about my husband I have NEVER had to worry about.

family in the van

Who I am as a mom can not be expressed in a paragraph. It is expressed by who my children will become.

lovemymarine306
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:18 AM

rolling on floorhaha..i wish he did.  i have been working since i was 16, and didn't stop until i got pregnant and was too sick to work.  so i was a SAHM-to-be, and i remember once when i asked my hubby to help around the house he said "if you can't handle being a housewife just say so".  i could've punched him.  he only voluntarily helps out if i really need a hand or if we have guests coming over.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie

Rainbowbrite639

My husband will help with my dd and he cooks & does the shopping.  I have to do the cleaning.  You have to try and find things he will do and make a balance.  I don't know if you work or not, maybe in his head that makes a difference.  We both work so especially when I am not home he has to do some things for himself or wait till 12am when I get home from work...

mamaleah17

Mine helps out pretty good. Especially on the weekends he will cook dinner and help clean the house and do stuff with the kids. But ask him to change a diaper...he hardly ever does that lol!

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:19 AM
My husband takes full responsibility for our daughter..she is OUR daughter after all...he sees that she needs something,he sees to it.He sees that it's bath time/snack time/bed time,ect.,he doesn't wait for me to take care of it.

He'd cook more often if his work schedule allowed for it.He even joins us on play dates/playgroup outings when his work schedule allows it!He doesn't clean,just because I'm anal about it and prefer to do it myself,lol.
Photobucket
butterflyblu
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Most things I don't expect my husband to do, but he's good about helping when I ask him and sometimes will offer to do things.  He takes care of maintaining the yard and the garage and office are his areas.  He will cook breakfast on the weekends.   Sometimes he helps with the laundry and does dishes.  I do expect him to help out with our son.  He's a parent just like me.  He's good about playing with him and he helps with diaper changes and would get him bottles when he was a baby too. 

northernmommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:22 AM

i'll be the first to admit that my DH is a better housewife than i am. he does the dishes for the most part and helps me keep the house picked up. sometimes getting him to help with diapers is a challenge but i usualy win that one. he doesn't do any of the heavy duty cleaning and he won't touch the bathroom unless i'm pregnant cause he won't let me use anything but soap and water when i'm pregnant lol. i'm actually more lazy with the housework than he is.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
cupcakemommyof9
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:24 AM

My husband potty trained our kids,taught them to walk and talk....he'd play with him when he got home from work,and he gave our oldest 3 kids and our youngest one ALL their baths (they prefered him to do it) and he changes diapers sometimes....I handle everything else.I believe as a housewife,it's my job to cook and clean,but even though my husband has an outside job his other job is still being Daddy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)