Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vehicle suggestions? Help please.

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:22 AM
  • 12 Replies

So I'm expecting #3 and need a bigger vehicle. I had an alero but my BF took that and gave me the chrysler 300 to drive but i need bigger, yes 3 carseats will fit in it but the double stroller will not and forget about diaper bags and extra clothes and the winter emergency kit. I need something that's better on gas mileage than an SUV (like an expedition or tahoe etc) but has the room I test drove a chrysler pacifica but not enuff room in the drivers seat I need to be full arm length away from the steering wheel I'm afraid of air bags and feel clostraphobic if i don't have enuff room. So now I have no idea what to get I really liked the pacifica til i sat in that seat and test drove it. Any suggestions would be great.

Lilypie
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaleah17
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:24 AM

I am not to sure how many big vehicles there are that don't guzzle gas. Here is a BUMP.

sweetktn
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:50 AM

bump?

Lilypie
sweetktn
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Wow really....no help at all..bump again

Lilypie
Army_Wife41
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:21 AM

We have a GMC Envoy. It is very spacious, but it is still and SUV so it will probably be considered a gas guzzler :-( I will give you a bump though...hopefully you find something helpful

armyjaw dropbaby boypregnant belly

Adam                         Laura              Jeremiah                 And new baby

My happy family

tattedmommynlj
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:23 AM

I have a 06 Chevy malibu... great big roomy back seat... ive had 3 car seats/boosters in it before. and it has a HUGE trunk!!!!! and KILLER GAS MILEAGE!!!!!! weve had our almost 3 years and its still awesome!

BTW when i first bought it i thought i was driving a mini van.... i had switched to it from a lowered 90 honda accord LOL

Woman/mommy/wifey/crazy

CowleyK
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:23 AM

I would advice the chrystler mini van.. I dont remember the name of it ... but its got TONS of room..

Karla

PROUD MOTHER OF CAROL AND DEBORAH 12/12/2007

chloesmommy0208
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:25 AM

yeah the town and country's have the stow and go storage so tons of room!!

Quoting CowleyK:

I would advice the chrystler mini van.. I dont remember the name of it ... but its got TONS of room..

Karla

PROUD MOTHER OF CAROL AND DEBORAH 12/12/2007

OwensMama824
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:30 AM

I have an '04 KIA SORENTO I can fit 2 infants and a 3 yr old(in a booster). Plus the diaper bags, 2 big strollers and an umbrella stroller. I don't know if I would want to do that everyday but they fit. I watched a show about cars for moms, Nissan Quest is the "hot, soccer mom van" My aunt has one and I think it would be good except fitting all of the strollers. Maybe you should get an Escalade or Expedition, they are huge.

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

dawnjohnson5
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:30 AM

I have a Ford Freestyle.  It seats 7 and has room in the back for a stroller, groceries, etc. 

ford freestyle 100_2302 by 'Ford'.

Dspahni
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:32 AM

try a mini van... I know alot are like soccer mom when you see a mini van, but we were in a corolla with 2 kids and it was tight, so we got a mini van, its good on gas and has plenty of room for at least 3 more kids,  I spend 30.00 to fill the tank every other friday then usually the week after I have to put in another 10-20 depending on how much we run around, but its really good on gas for a V6....   

Try a new 2010 Equinox... they have more room and are nice, and get 33 miles to the gallon... they are ecofriendly and are very nice looking. highway miles you can get 500 miles on one tank of gas. Its really nice. once my kids are out of carseats it on the list!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)