Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kids that steal

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:23 AM
  • 3 Replies

I know I know me and the kids questions lol

So we have all been here one way or another.

This is about kids who are 2 to 6 years old.

When I was like 3 or 4 i took a piece of candy from the store and my mom caught me and made me put it back and apologize to the people and i never did it again.

Sooooooooo what would you do if you caught your child stealing. If you left the store and seen your kid with a toy or a candy and you know that you did not pay for it would you make him or her take it back and tell them sorry or would you let them keep it.

If you seen a kid stealing would you tell the parent?

Is someone came up to you and said they seen your kid put something in there pocket would you believe the person or not?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Sooooooooo what would you do if you caught your child stealing. If you left the store and seen your kid with a toy or a candy and you know that you did not pay for it would you make him or her take it back and tell them sorry or would you let them keep it.I would absolutely make him take it back and apologize. If I didn't, he wouldn't learn a lesson about not stealing.

If you seen a kid stealing would you tell the parent?Yes, I would let them know that I think their child might have taken something.

Is someone came up to you and said they seen your kid put something in there pocket would you believe the person or not?I would ask my son to show me what is in his pockets. If he did steal, I would then thank the person for letting me know.  If he didn't steal, I would say, "I'm sorry, I think you were mistaken".

Joanna_B
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:00 AM

what would you do if you caught your child stealing. If you left the store and seen your kid with a toy or a candy and you know that you did not pay for it would you make him or her take it back and tell them sorry or would you let them keep it. I'd walk right back in there and have my child tell the what happened and apologize. I would explain to them why stealing was wrong, as well.

If you seen a kid stealing would you tell the parent? This ones tricky.. on the one hand - I feel it's wrong to butt in to someone elses business, especially parenting, and I can imagine a mom getting very offended if I said, "Hey, ma'am, I think your son just put that candy in his pocket.."

I'd hope that I could find someway of mentioning it, but it's a tricky subject.

Is someone came up to you and said they seen your kid put something in there pocket would you believe the person or not?

Honestly, I don't know.

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:02 AM
When I was about 4,I took a sucker from a convenient store when I went in with my mom.I seriously didn't think I was doing anything wrong,but on our way home when my mom noticed I had the sucker that she KNEW she didn't pay for,that car was turned around so fast and she took me back to the store,right up to the store clerk and had me apologize for stealing.I was devastated....but NEVER EVER stole anything after that,lol.She talked to me the whole way back to the store,and the whole way home about what I'd done and why it was wrong.I'm sure she'd told me before that,that stealing was wrong,but I needed something to really make it stick,lol.

If my daughter ever stole,I'd do the same thing to her.She'd have to face the consequences.

I saw a child once put a small toy in his pocket,and I went straight up to the mom and let her know.I'd do it again.

If someone came up to me and told me they saw my daughter take something,I'd question/search her.
Photobucket
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)