Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG WTH is my mom thinking?!?!?!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:29 AM
  • 165 Replies

OMG...I cant believe she would do this..

She went by my aunt house for lunch today anyway a cat just gave birth in her backyard and me and my aunt hate /are afraid of all animals...So the mama cat left the babies and hours later the kittens were wandering all around her yard so she called animal control and put the kittens in a box..there was 6 of them and 2 of them ran away so she had 4 in the box...

Anyway my mom goes and takes 2 of the kittens! Why would she do that?! She knows im petrified of cats always have been...I told her numerous times this year alone about how much i hate them and think they are creepy stinky things ...So she takes 2 of the kittens and my uncle takes the other two ...

My thing is now i wont go over there and she's mad  saying im keeping her away from her grandbabies..but seriously what did she expect?! She knows Im not going around any kittens/cats I dont care how small they are they are going to grow up eventually ...

How did she expect I would react?! Thats like me saying I hate beets and she inviting me to dinner with a plateful of beets... Yuck

My aunt also hates kittens/cats and she tried to tell my mom not to take them .....Now its like I cant go over there anymore and she's mad at me when she knew since the begining that i wasnt fond of animals especially cats.

Not only that but she cant even afford a cat..let alone two...cats cost money! Seriously she borrows money from me all the time to pay her rent on time...cant even afford cable yet now she has 2 kittens! How irresponsible..

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:37 AM

I dont likeanimals either. especially dogs. hate dogs!  and when i go to my friends or familys house that has dogs, they usually put them in another room or soemthing. because i dont know what it is about me, but animals like, climb me,a nd lick and slobber,and ugh.  I think its really starting to annoy these animal lovers that i dont want their stinky dog all over me.....but oh well

LolaMommy817
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Bump...How would you ladies handle this situation... I dont know what to do because cats are a fear of mine ...but she's making me feel like im being ridiculous about everything...Honestly I just dont want to be in the same room with cats /kittens .

2boys_1girl
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:41 AM

She could just put the cats in a room with food and water and a litter box when you come to visit...

But seriously.. they are just cats.. if you aren't going to visit your mom because she has aquired pets.. that is pretty sad.

nichole520
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:43 AM

i think its kind of selfish to expect your mom to not have something she wants because you dont like it, i think i would tell you to deal with it,or find a way around it!

LolaMommy817
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:43 AM

I totally understand...Dogs scare me more than cats...Im petrified of being bitten...What I hate most is the stupid owners that dont have their dogs leashed and their dumb dogs run up to you and jump all over you and they take their time walking towards you saying "dont worry he/she dont bite
" That has happened to me SO many times! It makes me sick!Like seriously saying your dog doesnt bite doesnt give me an ounce of comfort at all....

Im mad I cant go by my mom's house anymore because she has no intention of getting rid of those kittens...I told her on the phone if i come over im going to box them walk them 5 blocks away and shake them out the box and tell them to scurry off somewhere ...She thought I was joking!

Quoting Jennifer63080:

I dont likeanimals either. especially dogs. hate dogs!  and when i go to my friends or familys house that has dogs, they usually put them in another room or soemthing. because i dont know what it is about me, but animals like, climb me,a nd lick and slobber,and ugh.  I think its really starting to annoy these animal lovers that i dont want their stinky dog all over me.....but oh well

Mrs.Duitsman
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Quoting nichole520:

i think its kind of selfish to expect your mom to not have something she wants because you dont like it, i think i would tell you to deal with it,or find a way around it!

I agree!

Natashath09
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:47 AM
your kidding right?

<3 Proud Young Mommy

LolaMommy817

My mom lives a couple hours away so I visit her like twice a month sometimes more because she loves her grandbabies and so we spend the whole weekend there ...friday -sunday and she wouldnt want to keep them locked up for 3 days . DD loves cats and she asked me for 1 and i said heck no so many times so my mom thought she was doing dd a service with the kittens but she KNEW i despised cats so i dont know what she was thinking ...dd has mild autism and she freaks out whenever she sees an animal she just wants to grab up any animal she sees .She's not even 5 so i dont know why my mom would think that this is appropiate knowing how i feel .

Quoting 2boys_1girl:

She could just put the cats in a room with food and water and a litter box when you come to visit...

But seriously.. they are just cats.. if you aren't going to visit your mom because she has aquired pets.. that is pretty sad.

2boys_1girl

Quoting LolaMommy817:

I totally understand...Dogs scare me more than cats...Im petrified of being bitten...What I hate most is the stupid owners that dont have their dogs leashed and their dumb dogs run up to you and jump all over you and they take their time walking towards you saying "dont worry he/she dont bite
" That has happened to me SO many times! It makes me sick!Like seriously saying your dog doesnt bite doesnt give me an ounce of comfort at all....

Im mad I cant go by my mom's house anymore because she has no intention of getting rid of those kittens...I told her on the phone if i come over im going to box them walk them 5 blocks away and shake them out the box and tell them to scurry off somewhere ...She thought I was joking!

Quoting Jennifer63080:

First off. That Would require TOUCHING the kittens.

Second, what a horrible, selfish, malicious, cruel (I could go on) thing to say or do....

I think you are officially a god dang lunatic and a half.

singlemama20
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:48 AM

OMG seriously????? You have to be kidding... this is absolutely ridiculous... Cats are harmless and besides they can go in another room... who do you think you are to tell your mother she can't have cats because you don;t like them? I gather from your post that you do not live with her so therefore it is NOT your place to tell her she can't have a couple of cats if she wants them...

You sound like a VERY spoiled, selfish little girl by trying to control your poor mother... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)