Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think in an accent?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:22 AM
  • 10 Replies

LOL Totally random question but if you have an accent do you think in that accent?  Or if you have a dream does everyone have that accent?  I don't have one so yeah it may be a stupid question but I've never thought about it before. 

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
impunkysmommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:25 AM

LMAO! I have seriously never thought about that before. 

Bump 

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:27 AM

How do you know you don't have an accent? To me you very well may have an accent.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

mamaleah17
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:28 AM

I bet you do lol!

armygirl16
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:33 AM

LOL umm well I'm from the Northwest (oregon), I guess to other people I would have an accent but I talk like a lot of people on TV do...I dont' know how to describe my "accent" or lack of :)

cjsmom0206
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:36 AM

I always thought I talked like everyone on tv too, until we had a massive flood hit our town. FEMA and the Red Cross were there for months/years. They had house accounts at the restaurant I was working at, and they would make me say certain words and phrases...then I realized, yes, I have an accent!.....never crossed my mind that my dreams have them too :)

Quoting armygirl16:

LOL umm well I'm from the Northwest (oregon), I guess to other people I would have an accent but I talk like a lot of people on TV do...I dont' know how to describe my "accent" or lack of :)

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:37 AM

LOL you ever notice when you dream there is no time? You never see clocks or watches...or at least I don't. Also sometimes I try to manipulate my dreams..... I can dream about what I want.

possummom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:37 AM

lol yea!! for some reason the one in my head goes back and forth betwee and french one and a strong southren accent!! i know i am weird!!

cjsmom0206
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:38 AM

Mine sometimes have different scenes in them too! Like I'm watching some crazy action flick that makes no sense.

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

LOL you ever notice when you dream there is no time? You never see clocks or watches...or at least I don't. Also sometimes I try to manipulate my dreams..... I can dream about what I want.

F_Stathouse
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:42 AM

I've been told what country do you come from Europe.   My Grandma spoke Polish; as long as my mom too and they were also from New Jersey too.   So my accent is like fast talking Northern; most people can not keep up with me talking.

My SO speaks 5 different languages and has a thick Czech accent.

RendevouzDreams
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:46 AM

I know I do. Born in germany and live in WV haha..And when I used to talk to my moter or aunt on the phone then my german accent came out haha..But, Yah mostly the german gets in my head when I talk. LOUD mouth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)