Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your pet have any quirks?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:45 AM
  • 19 Replies

I want to hear any funny quirks that your pet does, or any funny stories. Every pet does something funny. I have had 5 cats, 1 bearded dragon, and 1 chinchilla and I don't consider any of them normal. They all do something funny.

I'll start: My cat, Rascal, will sit outside the shower while my husband or I am in it. When we're done, he'll jump in and drink any leftover water, then pee and run away.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mich827
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:47 AM

my cat, nina, will wait outside the shower when my husband is in it. when he comes out, she tries to lick his legs "dry".

Alison_C
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:50 AM

Haha, that's so cute!

Quoting mich827:

my cat, nina, will wait outside the shower when my husband is in it. when he comes out, she tries to lick his legs "dry".

rayzensun
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:51 AM

he talks

he's a pug and he makes this really strange sound when he's howling that sounds like "I love you"

00momma00
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:56 AM

Tansie (horse) likes you to kiss her nose when you see her

Piper (dog) worships riding in the car, or truck.  We took her camping for three days and she mostly stayed by the truck in case we might go for a ride.

Monte (dog) will get in the back of any truck he sees, I mean ANY truck.

TJ (dog) he has passed away, loved to follow me in the bathroom and gaze into my face while I was on the toilet.  It was annoying, but I sure miss him!

FlagMomNick
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:03 AM

My cat likes to sleep on me when I'm going through hormonal shifts. Dangerous for the cat, I know.

PMS, & especially early pregnancy I couldn't get her off of me, and today she came over to lay on my belly. (usually she sleeps on my laundry or in my dresser)

I hope that means I'm going into labor soon!

Lauren24
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:03 AM

We have a Great Dane/Lab and she is insane

If there is a doorbell on a commercial she goes nuts at the door (we haven't had a house with a doorbell in 4 years)

When she doesn't get her way she dramatically lays on the floor and lets out a big moan/sigh

She will ONLY drink out of the toilet and it is disgusting

She loves to cuddle (she is HUGE) snd she will stand literally an INCH away from your face until you pet her (and she is tall enough to reach your face when your sitting on the couch so it sucks)

If you bake anything cupcakes/brownies/whatever and sit the pan on the stove she will sit in the kitchen and stare at it for HOURS

Alison_C
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:07 AM

My cat, Rascal, is a great hunter. When we first moved into our home, we had a bit of a mouse problem. On our one year anniversary, Rascal decides to bring me a present. It wasn't that he caught a mouse, nor that he brought it for me to see, but what caused me to jump out of bed screaming and run down the hall naked was the mouse escaping from his mouth and trying to find haven under the covers with me. My husband slept through the whole thing.

lovinglifeKX
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:09 AM

My German Shepherd Bailey will move your hand to her chest if you are not petting her there.  She gets so annoyed if you move it back. LOL  She also lets out dramatic sighs and once the boys are in bed she's upstairs sleeping herself.   

Elaine, proud wife to Ru & proud momma to Kaiden & Xander!

Alison_C
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:09 AM

Haha, I would love to have your dog.

Quoting Lauren24:

We have a Great Dane/Lab and she is insane

If there is a doorbell on a commercial she goes nuts at the door (we haven't had a house with a doorbell in 4 years)

When she doesn't get her way she dramatically lays on the floor and lets out a big moan/sigh

She will ONLY drink out of the toilet and it is disgusting

She loves to cuddle (she is HUGE) snd she will stand literally an INCH away from your face until you pet her (and she is tall enough to reach your face when your sitting on the couch so it sucks)

If you bake anything cupcakes/brownies/whatever and sit the pan on the stove she will sit in the kitchen and stare at it for HOURS

Jena_miraclemom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:12 AM

My cat Squeaky will drink the water after a shower..but she won't pee lol.

My cats have a huge cat box and still miss. Geez can't they aim? They are both girls!

In the morning Squeaky will be on my son's bed to wake him up by licking him.

When I'm walking down the stairs, Smokes, my older cat walks down with me "talking" meowing at me loudly the whole time. I have no clue what she's saying lol.

When my son goes to his father's for a few days, both cats sniff and look all through the house meowing and running up to me  meowing and looking to his room.

They think they are human, and they are funny!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)