Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to scream on my neighbors!!!Small Update

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:57 AM
  • 10 Replies

It's damn near 2:00 am and like 20 of them are rite outside my friggin bedroom window screaming fighting having a water fight...and my downstairs neighbor who complains if I play my music at  2:00 pm is now blasting it through my friggin walls at 2:00 am! My walls are vibrating! My daughter has to go to school at 7:00 am...Pissed is an understatement...Should I call the cops and bust up their fun? I think they will know its me but seriously its 2:00 am this has been nonstop since 9:00 pm...and they are getting the other neighbors rowdy and they think it's party time as well....

Should I just call the police ?

Update...I just called 311 its a non emergency noise complaint and they take up to 8 hours ...(Ummm by that time the noise will be gone because of course they will be in bed sleeping all day !) ...So I filed an anynomous complaint but im still nervous because they might know its me because literally everyone in this building is outside with them making the noise so process of elimination you know....I hope the police comes and tell them to all to go home! I also hope they dont pin it on me...I live in Brooklyn and these people are ROUGH.... I dont associate with them at all ..Im known as the prude who only says hi and bye....Oh well it's already done...they are still out yelling so i hope the police catch them in the act .. My youngest son is still awake and i have to leave at 8:00 am tommorow to go to court...just great .

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:58 AM
You have a noise ordinance in your town/city,right?Make a call to the police.
Photobucket
Alison_C
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:58 AM

At this point, I would.

432mommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:59 AM

That or your apartments security....  Sorry Mama! I hated living in apartments just for that reason.

LolaMommy817

Ahhhhhh I hate living in NYC!!!They are running in the hallways shoutingand slamming doors...there is like TWENTY people outside...Moms with their new born babies and toddlers walking around in just diapers! This is sickening those babies should be in bed and have some clothes on!

FlagMomNick

It's a week night, call the police!

impunkysmommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Absolutely. You shouldn't have to endure their party and they should be more respectful to you. I am sympathetic, living in a townhome with loud neighbors myself. They have surround sound that makes stuff fall off my walls. 

Kelly0928
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:01 AM
Quoting 432mommy:

That or your apartments security....  Sorry Mama! I hated living in apartments just for that reason.

ceemuhreeashbee
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:02 AM

Quoting MrsApple:

You have a noise ordinance in your town/city,right?Make a call to the police.

a wedding website

I'm a breast/bottle feeding, co-sleeping the first year, kiss on the lips & tell her I love her every day kind of mom. I can let her CIO, but when she calls 'mommy' I'm on my feet and there in a heartbeat. I want my daughter to have many different experiences & to love everyone regardless of their's. I'm anti-abortion, for the right to bear arms, and completely against telling someone who they can and can't love.

LolaMommy817
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Im moving in two more weeks into a nice quiet building. I wont have  to flinch every nite at 11:00 pm - 1:30 am when my next door neighbor decides its a perfect time to play music ...Oh and I asked her to turn it down once and she screamed at me saying it's her apartment and she will blast her music through the roof every nite if she wants to .....The LL wouldnt do anything about it eithier...2 more weeks and im out of here!

LolaMommy817
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:56 AM

Arghhhh its damn near 3:00 am and no police yet....they bought the party indoors now... kids running up and down screaming ...music blasting ...walls are shaking and of course NYPD is too busy to come out for a simple noise complaint...oh great now they are fighting calling eachother crackheads...lovely...

I think i should call 911 and lie and say they are fist fighting they may come around than...this friggin SUCKS ass!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)