Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 20 month old is away with her daddy for a week! Tell me, how does that make me a bad mother??

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:05 AM
  • 17 Replies

I miss her like I've never missed anyone in my whole entire life.. Her daddy wanted to take her with him to visit his family 2 1/2 hours away (it's his only time to really be able to visit his family). I couldn't go, I work all week until Friday, which then I'll drive up to meet them. I couldn't tell him no. He's just as much as her parent as I am. I trust him with all my heart with OUR daughter. I cry everyday, but I know she's just fine. She talks to me on the phone and she's as happy as always. She's such a daddy's girl! How is it so bad for a mother to let her baby spend some good quality time with their daddy? Why does that seem so bad to some mother's? Ofcourse I miss my child, but she's just not mine and her daddy loves her just as much as I do, and as she loves us both.. I guess not all families are that way!?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kelly0928
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:07 AM
Your not a bad mother and as long as a father takes care of and is comfortable with their child they should spend time together
luv2wahm
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:08 AM

It doesn't make you a bad mom in any way shape or form!

family in the van

Who I am as a mom can not be expressed in a paragraph. It is expressed by who my children will become.

Jena_miraclemom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:09 AM

You're not a bad mother at all. Your child is happy and spending quality time w/daddy. Yes you will miss her and cry, we all do that ;)

It will be ok. Anyone who says you're a bad mom cuz of this, can kiss ass.

cjsmom0206
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:10 AM

I think it's healthy for both of you. My husband sometimes takes the boys with him on mini trips, or sends me on trips by myself. Even though I miss them like crazy, it's nice. 

rayzensun
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:11 AM

why would it make you a bad mom?

crystaleve29
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Nothing wrong with it. As long as you trust him and his family to do a good job of taking care of her I dont see a problem. I hate when other moms judge you on the stupidest things.

Lori_G4
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:13 AM

Well, I left all four of my children, including my 19-month-old daughter, with their daddy, so that I could have a relaxing moms' get-away-weekend with some girlfriends. I completely trust my dh (their father) with my whole heart to take care of OUR children; if I didn't trust him, I wouldn't have married him OR had children with him. Don't you feel bad for letting your baby go with her daddy; I'm sure it is only making their bond stronger. Another benefit of the situation is the fact that you are getting some Mommy time; so, when they return, you will be rejuvenated and ready to jump whole-heartily back into being a wife to your hubby and a mommy to your baby.

***I completely understand where this post came from, and I completely agree with you. :)  ****

Chris & Lori             Valerie-10             Brian-8                  Dalton-5           Maya-Jan 3, '08

I home school because I have seen the village, and I don't want it educating my children!

Natashath09
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:13 AM
Quoting luv2wahm:

It doesn't make you a bad mom in any way shape or form!

your not a bad momma for that!!!! if i were you i would miss her too but you should take advantage of the time alone and rest or something, are you still with her dad? is she your only child [besides being pregnant, i saw your sig] sorry im just a little curious =]

<3 Proud Young Mommy

possummom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:15 AM

i dont consider you a bad mother...hell does he want my kids too? lol.

Alison_C
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:15 AM

I would love for my husband to want to take our daughter somewhere and have daddy-daughter time. Oh well, maybe when she's older.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)