Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yep- I did it. Is this illegal?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:34 AM
  • 33 Replies

My kids would not stay in their rooms for bedtime.

I have tried everything, the super nanny trick, spanking, taking away priveledges etc. Nada...

So tonight I got so desperate that after they had both had a drink and pottied and were out of their beds for the 40th time, I took a thigh high panty hose tied it to my daughters door knob, and tied the other end to my son's door knob... (their doors face each other, and both open inward)....

Then I sat back and listened as they both tried to open their doors, realized they couldn't and went back to bed and fell asleep...

Than I removed the piece of panty hose...

Looking back on it, it wasn't the most rational thing I have ever done, but just for future reference (not that I plan on doing it any time in the future) is this illegal?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marissaj125
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:36 AM

lol i dont think its illegal, but its rofl copter. =D great idea! at least they went to bed?

Im a Dreamer, Mother to one little girl born 7~12~09, breastfeeding, teen mom age 16, going to nursing school this coming year, pro~choice, peacefull, Loving, deep thinker, open minded, very out going, lovs to draw and write, down to earth, awsome boyfriend. OverAll~Im~a~Sweet~Artistic~Rocking~Mommy!

mommatbot
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:39 AM

thats so funny! hey...it worked right!

Twilight-Guide                          Twilight-Quotes
Twilight-Userbars

2boymama

probably..lmao. Well, maybe only if you didnt remove it before you fell asleep..thats pretty funny that it worked though..my kids are constantly up too and the worst part is, my asshead husband had to take the doors off to move my sons bed out of our room and into his..and broke the door hinges and cant fix em, so I dont have doors upstairs.. I want to lock my hubby in the closet for being such an idiot and doing that! lol..puts a whole new spin on trying to have sex too..I feel like a voyeur!

2boys_1girl

Quoting marissaj125:

lol i dont think its illegal, but its rofl copter. =D great idea! at least they went to bed?

I just wondered if "locking" a child in their room was illegal....

so.this.is.love

i can't imagine why that would be illegal...lol.

it obviously worked, and caused no harm whatsoever to anyone, so good for you for finding a way to keep them in their rooms...lol!

ChloesMomma1208

I'm sorry but I'm no help. That was hilarious though! Can't wait til I can do that to my kids just kidding! At least they got the hint and went to sleep.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:41 AM

Quoting 2boymama:

probably..lmao. Well, maybe only if you didnt remove it before you fell asleep..thats pretty funny that it worked though..my kids are constantly up too and the worst part is, my asshead husband had to take the doors off to move my sons bed out of our room and into his..and broke the door hinges and cant fix em, so I dont have doors upstairs.. I want to lock my hubby in the closet for being such an idiot and doing that! lol..puts a whole new spin on trying to have sex too..I feel like a voyeur!

Dont you mean  exhibitionist?  I thought voyeurs watched .  Or am i missing something lol.

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:41 AM

A mommy has to do what a mommy has to do damn it !!!

I think it would have been illegal if you left it on all night, so your good to go !

2boys_1girl
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:41 AM

Quoting so.this.is.love:

i can't imagine why that would be illegal...lol.

it obviously worked, and caused no harm whatsoever to anyone, so good for you for finding a way to keep them in their rooms...lol!

Well I just wondered about the "locking" a child into a room thing... I mean I can understand why it would be a safety issue (fire, child gets injured etc.).... I just didn't know if it was ILLEGAL to put a child in a room where they couldn't get out...

2boymama
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:43 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting 2boymama:

Dont you mean  exhibitionist?  I thought voyeurs watched .  Or am i missing something lol.

hahaha..you're probably right..I dont really know much about it either way but yeah yours sounds more right than mine..lol. guess that makes my kids and anyone that comes over the voyeurs..lol..jk..eww!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)