Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I stupid??

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:18 AM
  • 5 Replies

ok so I am pretty new to all this forum stuff. I really don't understand all these abbreviations. DS#1, LH, DH, etc. I figured out the SAOM, but I am lost on the others. Can anyone help? Sorry I'm slow!!!confused

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
chelsie_lyn
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:28 AM

they have an abbv list. but the ones i can think of off hand are

dh - dear (or damn) hubby

df - dear fiance

so sunificant other

dd- dear daughter

ds - dear son

ss - step son

sd - step daughter

sk - step kids

kwim - know what i mean

dop- days past ovulation

bd - 'baby dance' or baby daddy (gag)

and of course your standart text talk

lol

ttyl talk to you later

brb be right back...

all that good stuff lol

you can search the abbreviations post here in the new comers club

MarineWifey0708
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:29 AM
WRITING IN ALL CAPITALS - shouting AC = Adopted Child AF = Aunt Flo AP= Attachment Parenting ATM = At the Moment AYT = Are You There BBL = Be Back Later BF = Boy Friend (also sometimes best friend, breast-feeding or breakfast, depending on context!!) BFN = Big Fat Negative BFP = Big Fat Positive BIL = Brother-In-Law BL = Belly Laugh BRB = Be Right Back BTW = By The Way CIO = Crying It Out CM = CafeMom CYL = Catch Ya' Later DD = Dearest Daughter, Darling Daughter, etc DF = Dear/Darling Fiance' DH = Dear Hubby (Or Husband), Darling Hubby, Darn Hubby, Dumb Hubby, etc DIKU = Do I Know You DS = Dearest Son, Darling Son, etc (can also mean Direct Sales) DSA = Direct Selling Association ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival or Edited To Add F2F = Face To Face FAQ = Frequently Asked Question FC = Foster Child FIL = Father-In-Law FTW = For The Win FWIW = For What It's Worth GF = Girl Friend HTH = Hope That Helps IKWYM = I Know What You Mean IM = Instant Message IMHO = In My Humble/Honest Opinion IRL = In Real Life ISO = In Search Of ITA = I Totally Agree JK = Just Kidding JMO = Just My Opinion/Observation JUD = Jumping Up And Down KWIM = Know What I Mean LMAO = Laughing My A$$ Off LMBO = Laughing My Butt Off LOL = Laughing Out Loud or Lots Of Laughs MB = Message Board MD = Meltdown MIL = Mother-In-Law MIS/DS = Mom's In Sales Direct Selling NAD = Nursing At Desk NAK = Nursing At Keyboard OIC = Oh I See OMG = Oh My Gosh OP = Original Poster OT = Off Topic OTOH = On The Other Hand PIOG = Posted In Other Groups PITA = Pain In The Acronyms PM = Private Message POV = Point Of View PP = Previous Poster PTMM = Please Tell Me More RAK/DAK=Random Acts Of Kindness/Deliberate Acts Of Kindness RE = Rolling Eyes ROFL or ROTFL = Rolling On The Floor Laughing ROFLMBO = Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Butt Off SAH(M) =Stay At Home (Mom) SD = Step Daughter SIL = Sister-In-Law SO = Significant Other SS = Step Son STBX = Soon To Be Ex TIA = Thanks In Advance TMI = Too Much Information TOM = Time Of The Month TTC = Trying To Conceive TTYL = Talk To You Later TY = Thank You WAH(M) = Work At Home (Mom) WOTH(M) = Work Outside the Home (Mom) WB = Welcome Back WTG = Way To Go WTH = What The Heck
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
TruePuppyLove
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:04 AM

I am so saving this post. Thank you so MrsMaloney...You are not alone in your stupidity!!! I had no clue either but was afraid to ask. I just figured out what piog means - posted in other group.

YOu are not alone. Thanks for the great question.

lakajungurl
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:07 AM

i didnt know what POAS ment or BFP i tried to figure that out forever .thanks i know now !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)