Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I The Only One?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:36 AM
  • 4 Replies

I have a question......am I the only one NOT excited about school starting? My sister thinks I am nuts. She was happy her kids started today. I cry every freaking year when they start. I cried at open house even. I can't stand the fact they are away from me. This year I have one starting Middle School (6th grade), one in 3rd and the youngest in 1st. The youngest is slow. I worry about them all but her the most. I am worried that she will get scared without me there. She did fine in Pre school and Kindergarten (all day) but still I worry. I just walked them to school and walked them in. I was sopme what relieved I wasnt the only one upset. I just do not like school starting. I would homeschool if I was equipped but I would worry that they werent getting a good enough education. UGH! WTF? Please tell me I am not alone.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mandymb
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:38 AM

I'm excited because my daughter is excited. She starts pre-k this year. She just loves school. She does not start till September 9th. 

in love                blowing bubbles                 baby girl

Nick and Mandy                       Anna 4                                  Ella 2

Phatpatswife
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:40 AM

I'm excited. My dd started 3rd grade on monday. We know this is a turn in education for her because so many more possibilities open up this year (like art club and science fairs) and she loves doing things of that nature....and now gets to do them at school.

fwkitten2008
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Maybe it is just me then.

dreamy_snowball
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:51 AM
My 3 yr old has been begging to go to "baby school mommie" ALL SUMMER. Her father and i are college students so she wants to go to school and get homework too, Since i start working on Saturday we have to put her in Headstart this fall. I feel horrible about it. She has always been home with us and i kinda want to keep her home. But it something she really wants. She even gets up everyday and gets dressed for school. So i'm not sure what to do. :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)