Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving in 3 weeks...where do I even start?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:06 AM
  • 4 Replies

I am so overwhelmed. We're moving in 3 weeks and I have no idea where to even start packing. I have a 3 year old and a 6 month old and have no idea how I'm ever going to get this all done! Does anyone have any advice for me?? Where should I start?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
momof2girls2407
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:07 AM

I would wait until they are down for a nap or even for the night and start in the smallest room and just work your way up

mommywillU
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:10 AM

I'm in the same boat. We just bought a house and closing today. I have some things packed, but it's a slow moving process. Things that you know you will not use in the next month pack. Leave the kitchen last. Take advantage of packing during nap times. You can pack picture frames, decorations etc. now. Save bedding for last as well obviosly. You can pack fall/winter clothes now, toys just leave a few favorites out for the three year old.

x_sabine_x
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:13 AM

I'm moving in 3 weeks too! I have a 2 yr old. We have started by packing things we don't need to use every day. Movies, books, electronics, most dishes and cooking utensils (leaving just enough to use at meal times). You could even pack up all but a few outfits, extra shoes and coats, even pantry items. Just gotta dig in!

-Ellen-

mom22tumblebugs
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Just start boxing things up and putting them in one room. Label every box with room it goes in and what exactly you put in it. I just folded a white sheet of paper and wrote on what Iput in and taped it to the side of the box. Helps a lot when  you get to yur new place and start looking for stuff. Helps the movers too know which room to put the boxes. I started with the dining room and living room and the master bedroom and closets. We moved with a 2 1/2 yr old and a 3 month old. I think arranging for the kids to be babysat somewhere else the day of closing/moving, makes it so much easier to focus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)