Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Picky Eater

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:29 AM
  • 6 Replies

My 2.5 year old has become a very picky eater over the past few months. And because she's sooo picky - she's not eating much at all. I'm worried because she's soo tiny.. she's only about 25lbs. I've expressed my feelings to her doctor and she tells me to just keep feeding her "fatty" foods... and gave me a list of suggestions.. I've tried most things on the list, some she likes, others she hates.. But even when I've found something she likes.. she'll only take a few bites.. She is healthy and she runs around all day (which is what makes me think she needs more food - to support all of her energy) yet when it comes time to eat.. she just doesn't or eats very little.. I've tried doing the creative food to make it more interesting.. and giving her "dips" because she likes to dip her food.. but still after a couple of bites she's done.I feel she needs to be eating more..

Do you think i'm stressing over nothing?

Do you have a picky eater? What do you do about it?

Any suggestions for me? Different foods to try, or ideas on how to get her to eat!?!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
zianneaaliyah
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:32 AM

I think it's a stage they go through.  My daughter was the same way until about 4 and then she started eating like a horse.  Sometimes I wish she would go back to being a finicky eater so my grocery bill wouldn't be so high, LOL!

unknownjourney
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Ok...My whole house are picky eaters.  But honestly when your child gets hungry she will eat and kids tend to eat only what they need.  As we get older we tend to learn to eat more than is needed thus causing the weight issue we have in this country....even myself.  If you are letting your child piece between regular meals I would stop that.  Take any snacks away.  Feed your child only three square meals a day and see if that don't help other wise I would just give her one of those drinks for children that add to their nutrition.

Christy78
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Once in a while my 4 r old will be picky. She is 30 pounds and the doctor says she is to skiny and they say get her junk food . MY old two have adha and we started the ferngold diet so far it's going good . I just cut out Junk food and other thing it said to . MY olest went through a stage where she was picky and did not like meat. JUst keep tring on giving her the foods she may eat it

Mommy2Two4Now
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:42 AM

bump

Mommi229
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:54 AM

My 1.5 year old took a liking to Italian Dressing during his most recent picky eating phase....so I just started putting it on everything and voila! he ate it!

momofthree929
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM

My oldest son is a very, very picky eater. He has been for as long as I can remember. The dr. told me, when he was about your dd's age, to give him the fatty foods, sugar in his cereal and stuff and that I could also give him pediasure, (spelling?). He has always been on his own curve on the groth chart, like in the 0% up until a couple years ago now he's in like the 5 or 10%. Anyway, he eats a bit more now and is more willing to try new things, so maybe they do outgrow it. When she gets older, if she's still picky, I would let her help cook. We started that with Jacob at the age of about 9 or so and he loves it and it's what has helped him to want to try new stuff. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)