Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spin Off... child support

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:31 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok soo... if a "dad' is paying child support, but not in his sons life, does that make him a father? Does it make him responsible for that child? Or is it just a man paying support for something he did?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
akataml
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Depends on the situation.My husband pays child support for his daughter, has done so faithfully with no problem since paternity proved him to be the father.However 2 yrs ago, BM has denyed him all access and contact with his daughter because BM is a dirty twat bag who is mad over something stupid.He wants more than anything to be a part of his daughters life, but the mom, well , like I said, dirty twat bag 

luv2wahm
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:34 AM

No it doesn't..however, a mother who just wants the support and makes it almost impossible for the child/ren to see their father isn't being much of a mother either(unless of course there is abuse/neglect/drug abuse issues.)

family in the van

Who I am as a mom can not be expressed in a paragraph. It is expressed by who my children will become.

sharisse
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:36 AM

ok...so let me change the question, to decideded not to be around the child on his own terms...

Quoting akataml:

Depends on the situation.My husband pays child support for his daughter, has done so faithfully with no problem since paternity proved him to be the father.However 2 yrs ago, BM has denyed him all access and contact with his daughter because BM is a dirty twat bag who is mad over something stupid.He wants more than anything to be a part of his daughters life, but the mom, well , like I said, dirty twat bag 

justgrape723
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:38 AM

it makes him a father not a dad

he is being responsible for his actions if he is paying the support

responsible how? for the child's actions? well being? I would say no not unless something happened to the mother. If that were the case I would hope the mother would have a will and make arrangements for someone else to care for and raise the child just in case.

The bio father is doing what he is expected to financially but it is clear he does not want to be a dad

luv2wahm
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:42 AM

then with these terms..and he doesn't want contact..then no he's not a father.

Quoting sharisse:

ok...so let me change the question, to decideded not to be around the child on his own terms...

Quoting akataml:

family in the van

Who I am as a mom can not be expressed in a paragraph. It is expressed by who my children will become.

Christy644
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:48 AM

He pays because he's legally obligated to. He's a douche for not being morally obligated. I'd like to beat this man to the curb. 

My DH pays support and fights tooth and nail for anytime with his son. Ther eis a court order in place with joint legal and physical, but BM is a twat bag as well.

justgrape723
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:48 AM

technically and by law he is a father and he does have rights (unless he legally gave up his rights). He is just not a dad

Quoting luv2wahm:

then with these terms..and he doesn't want contact..then no he's not a father.

Quoting sharisse:

ok...so let me change the question, to decided not to be around the child on his own terms...

Quoting akataml:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)