Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did your child ever......

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:49 AM
  • 3 Replies

play with a shape sorting toy or pegged puzzel and  get so angry and frusterated when they couldnt fit the piece in the hole. My son gets so frustrated, he tries to just shove things in the holes and it doesnt work so he grits his teeth and gets so mad because it wont go.  Now I remember being little and doing a puzzle and doing the same thing I was flooded with emotion and frustration because my brother could do the puzzle alot faster than i could. Is this a normal behavior do i need to try and teech him to stay calm or is this a sign of somethign else?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
snoopy21276
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:30 AM

yep.. now it is legos he gets frustrated at and throws.. tempers in kids go hand and hand LOL 

aztripsmom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:32 AM

I think i's pretty "normal" but if you have concerns talk to your ped. At least it could put your mind at ease. JMO

allurasmamma
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:35 AM

My son used to get so frustrated with puzzles and he is 6 now and gets so terribly frustrated with stuff he can't do. My son was diagnosed with ADHD. Don't get to worried just try and show him patients and let him know it's ok and it takes practice....etc. If you get like this too then you know how it feels. I didn't know the age of your child but if you are worried take him to get him screened. They will do a seres of tests on him. Pretty much just observe him and how he acts nothing with needles or medsor nothing.  Good luck,a and remember patients..

All my love, All my life.

Madison,clayton,allura.

All my love, All my life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)