Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help deciding...How do I decide? Sorry maybe too long, but need advice!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:50 AM
  • 4 Replies

When my oldest children were old enough to start school, we sent them to a catholic school...My two oldest children graduated from there and went on to a public school..Two of my other children were having some problems with certain work and couldn't do it, so we took them out and sent them to a public school where they could get the extra help that the catholic school couldn't give them....No problems, they fit in well....Well all of this was when the catholic school wasn't having any enrollment problems.....Now I have a first grader and 3rd grader signed up for the catholic school, and did have the idea of sending my one who was taken out to go the public school for the extra help back to the catholic school, because of the multi-age teaching they are planning on doing this year because of the low enrollment they have to keep the school open.....so basically I have come to know all of the people at the catholic school, and I get along with them all.....I did sign my 3rd grader and 1st grader up and signed one up for preschool, and signed up the one who was taken out for the extra help....Now they all want to go to the public school....My husband doesn't care, because he is the one that mention that I send them to the public school......I'm still debating where to send them because of several reasons.....**that is where all my kids went and I get along great with people**I'm afraid if I pull them out that the school will close because they had to have a certain amount of kids register to stay open, and I will feel bad if that happens**I also work bingo because that is what we do to help defray the cost of sending our kids to the catholic school.....part of me wants them to stay at the catholic school, and part of me wants them to go where they want to go, and not force them to being sent to the catholic school if they don't want to......I know they will get the education they need in either place so that don't concern me.....and plus another thing is my hubby thinks they are just being nice at the catholic school, because they want are kids back so they keep the doors open.....SO tell me how do I decide and what would you do??????

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tweildoug
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:53 AM

I went to catholic school from 8th til 12th. I loved it and I got a better education than my public school friends. Besdies they care about the total development of the child. I am not that religious but they really cared, that was just my experience. I was able to become my own person faster than my public school peers as well because they encouraged individual growth.

Hope that helps

jjessers
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Are you saying the catholic school is going to close forever if you take your kids out? or just for this school year?

You really think you need to take on the weight of the school closing ...just because your kids don't attend ....?

that doesn't sound right to me...but hey...what do I know about catholic school.

I think You as a mother  and wife...need to do whatever fits best for YOUR FAMILY. So if that means the kids don't go to caholic school...so be it.

JMO :)

dydy777
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:19 AM

A question to ask yourselves is are your kids going to be happy where ever you decide to pu them. A child's happiness at school is directly related to how well they will learn and perform in school. You shouldn't take the weight of the possibility of the school closing on your shoulders...  4 children is not going to cause a school to close. Ultimately you know what's best for your family. Good luck on deciding.

Dyanna

mommy_10
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:49 PM

I'm not saying that the school will close, but it is a possiblity that it will close...because of the low enrollement that they have....

Quoting jjessers:

Are you saying the catholic school is going to close forever if you take your kids out? or just for this school year?

You really think you need to take on the weight of the school closing ...just because your kids don't attend ....?

that doesn't sound right to me...but hey...what do I know about catholic school.

I think You as a mother  and wife...need to do whatever fits best for YOUR FAMILY. So if that means the kids don't go to caholic school...so be it.

JMO :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)