Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:51 AM
  • 10 Replies

Has anyone had it? How did you feel? What were your symptoms?

((*Steph-23 year old stay at home momma to my 3 March babies:Elijah,Brayden and Hannah.
wedding web site

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:53 AM

My husband had it.  It was just stabbing pain in his gut area.  It got so bad he had to go to the ER in the middle of the night.  Trust me - it must be painful.  In 11 years of being together he has NEVER gone to the doctor.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:54 AM

My dad had it and he had a sharp pain in his side and he could not eat or really sleep.  The moment that you start vomiting you need to get to a hopsital because it could burst.  My dads almost did because he waited four days and I rushed him to the hospital.  Just if you start vomiting with a sharp pain in your side to where you cant stand up straight is when you need to rush to the hospital.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:50 AM

I had it. It started early morning with a heavy ache in my right side. It progressively got worse throughout the day, less achey and more stabbing pain. Eventually, it moved to my navel it hurt so bad I started vomiting.  I went into the ER and they called in a surgeon. 

We are all shades of gray. It’s been said again and again; life’s a process. We are fleeting moments that come and go, and I am grateful to have my time, my aspirations and my mistakes, my flaws and my abilities. Think of me what you will, but before you do, don’t. Alexander William Gaskarth

by Country Girl on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:55 AM

I was 8 years old and came within 24 hours of dying from appendicitis b/c of a misdiagnosis. Its a very sharp pain in your right side. Mine got so bad, I couldnt walk. Mine burst, which was what almost killed me.

Proud mom of Dylan, 6 years old, EH'd in a Britax Regent and Trinity, 3 years old, ERF'd in a Britax Marathon

Because my kids are worth more than the minumums.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:12 AM

If you suspect it, you should be seen.  I haven't had it, so I can't describe it in detail.

One think I know they look for, which you can do yourself, is push on the area that hurts, and then release it really quick.  If that causes a spike in the pain, that gets their attention on the appendix.

She's a girl!!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I had it at 9. I woke up with a stabbing pain in my right side and it wouldn't stop. I starting throwing up and couldn't keep anything down. I threw up constantly over and over again. I went to a clinic and they new what it was right away and called 911 to have me transported to the nearest hospital to do emergency surgery. It took 2 hours to find my father after that to sign the consent forms and I was very close to it bursting.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:20 AM

my younger brother in law's appendix burst a couple of years ago.  we lived with them at the time and my mil was out of state and my FIL just told him to suck it up.  they didnt know what was wrong with him, he just thought my BIL wanted out of chores, lol.  poor guy.

he had a fever, his stomach hurt really badly of course.  but he just kept telling us that it felt like really severe gas!  he also vomitted a few times. 

i kept telling my FIL he needed to be seen by a dr. but he didnt think so.  thank god my MIL came home and took him in to the ER.....they said if he had waited any longer he would have died.  he was at home for about 3-4 days with those symptoms before he was taken in.

he was sick for quite some time after that.  you should see how paranoid my FIL is anytime my 2 younger BIL's get sick now!!!!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Nov 3, 2007, I awoke not feeling well, pain in my stomach.  It was 3am I didn't make note of where the pain started.  I couldn't get comfortable or make the pain stop for anything.   I tried warm baths (which only speed the infection up), changing positions, nothing helped.  I felt like I might vomit, but never did.  Food sounded horrible, even just to feed the kids.  I could barely move it hurt so bad by the time the kids got up at 8.  I called my MIL to watch the kids nad stayed in bed, crying all day thinking I was going to die.  I called DH to come home, but he was in meeting all day and didn't get my messages until he got off work anyways.  At 6 we went to the ER, but then my whole abdomen hurt, from the middle of my ribs down to my pelvic, all the way around to my back.  Not long after we got to the ER I vomited and they took me right in and started tests, but couldn't find anything, one scan showed a large Appendix, the very next one showed no problem.  Or no Appendix rather, but they didn't realize that.  It had ruptured earlier and the first scan showed a slightly enlarged but not bad Appendix, because it wasn't finished draining, the next one it had drained the infection completely and was gone.  After hours of tests and nothing conclusive they cut me open just to "look around".

I nearly died that night.  I can no longer have children because the infection had scarred up everything in my abdominal cavity, I almost lost my intestines, liver, kidneys, you name it.  thankfully the only other organ removed was an ovary and a tube, the other was left though to scarred to produce anything.

So the moral of the story is if you think you might be having an Appendix attack go to the ER NOW, this can kill you!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:13 PM

My brother had it a while ago. He had, fever, diarrhea, throwing up, severe pain on his right lower abdomen.

If you think you have appendicitis, you should see a doctor ASAP.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:13 PM

I had it 2 years ago. I randomly started getting sharp pains in my sides and upper sbdominal area, it hurt to move or breath. I went to urgent care because I had never had pain like that before. Turned out my appendix had just started to act up, the doctor told me people will often wait a few days with the pain before they eventually do anything about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)